Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like some input on photos
12-13-2015, 03:56 PM,
RE: Would like some input on photos
I am with a long term girlfriend now who knows I wear, but I was "in the field" for several years while wearing a piece. Maybe I was just lucky, but I didn't find detectability a problem. Of course yes, if you are dating and getting intimate you will want to make sure you have a first class attachment and a fresh piece with neatly trimmed front lace, and it does dictate the kind of unit you should go for - all Swiss lace (no poly borders that could be felt), and you will likely want to do a full head bond with glue rather than a perimeter bond with tape (which again can be felt). So it is more work, but of course the payback is ample reward LOL. For most guys good looking hair is worth at least 2 points in the female scale of 1 to 10. I don't want to be coarse, but suffice it to say I had a very good time that I would never have had as a partially bald man. My current girlfriend is also, I would say, out of my league in terms of looks if I am not wearing the piece.

One giveaway that I noticed, which no one ever seems to mention, is that with a perimeter bond you get "slack" in the fit of the piece, so if a girl were to pull the centre of the unit she would be able to feel it lifting slightly off your scalp, which obviously real hair wouldn't do. That's why I think a full scalp bond is important in those situations.

I have never been busted by a girl I was dating while I have been wearing these fine lace pieces. There is a different problem which affects younger men who wear, and that is when and how to break the news to someone you are serious about. You don't want to mention it too early and break the romance, but equally you don't want to wait years and then find that the hairpiece is a deal breaker for her, and you have wasted a lot of both your time. Everyone has their own prescription for this, but it is always an uncomfortable conversation to have. One thing I will say is that I feel the stigma for men's hairpieces is gradually lessening among younger women. You still get the ewww reaction from some people (in the general population I mean, not girlfriends), but girls are more accepting now of men wanting to improve their looks - male plastic surgery, teeth whitening, the whole gym body thing. Also, there have been a number of younger good looking celebrities who have been revealed to be wearing hairpieces, such as Henrique Eglesias or Olly Murs (UK singer), so it is no longer associated in their minds purely with old men in wash n' wear toupees.

I'm no medic, but I don't believe the glues we use would have any effect on regrowth drugs. Unfortunately I also don't believe we will see viable regrowth drugs in my lifetime.

Rich

Messages In This Thread
Would like some input on photos - kmay3891 - 12-10-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: Would like some input on photos - Baldrich - 12-13-2015, 03:56 PM