Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like some input on photos
12-12-2015, 09:26 PM,
RE: Would like some input on photos
Hi kmay.... I had a closer look at your photos [bear in mind that colors can look different to reality, depending on the computer-monitor] ...your color is a deep brown, bordering on red, from what I can see....also, your actual temple-points are still there, but thinning...I`ve left my own hair re-grow over the last few months, as I wanted to use Got2b glued spiking glue to do my bonds, and it holds /sticks better to stubble/hair than to bare scalp-skin, but I now trim the flaps of my Fullcaps so that I can expose my temple-points ----- my hair there is very light in color / gray so I`m using this volumizing/coloring mousse ...it`s ``temporary`` in that it will shampoo-out, but it also ``stains`` the skin, making it look like there`s [thicker] hair growing ..in other words it gives the appearance of ` strong` hair there ...... you have a similar level of hair at the temples as I do.....you could try this http://www.sallybeauty.com/color-styling...lt,pd.html It`s cheap, and pretty effective.
You shake the can vigorously, then invert it, and use the trigger-button to release some into the palm of the hand...spread it onto the hair while the hair is damp, comb it through and it really does ` plump` up the hair and makes it look thicker...... as I said before, it`s too early for you to shave off your hair on top and go for a topper...... yes your temples are receding, and most likely you`ll end up going with a custom-made topper which has temple flaps on it..but for now, try that Mousse and see if it helps.
As Baldrich said [ hi Rich..nice to see you posting here...wish I was in Singapore now for the weather !!! ] Debbie is a wizard in all aspects of this ....if you could manage a visit to her place, it would be excellent... even if you mail her with a few photos, she`d be happy to point you in the right direction/ recommend what to do ... she`s a really helpful lady..wish I lived close-by to her place ..... I had a system cut-in by her and mailed to me ..she did a lovely job with it ....
You don`t need to send a sample of hair if ordering a stock system ...they`re `` As is``......
There`s not much difference between French and Swiss lace ..it`s hardly noticeable .... also, one of the real concerns with wearing--and it`s been discussed here many times---is the possibility of ``detection`` to the casual-touch.......unfortunately it`s never possible to avoid it ...it`s just one of those aspects of wearing that you have to be prepared-for.... you`re at the stage we all were at ....the realization that genetics are doing their thing and will not stop, and you feel freaked-out by it ....you`re being forced to consider wearing, when in fact you`d far prefer not to have to have to deal with it ......however, at least you have this solution open to you....yes it`s cosmetic, but then, so are many other things .....
Just to answer your questions re stocks ...they`re all medium density and come in a ` set` number of colors...if you were to trim out a crown-area piece to see how it looked, it`s easy to do ...it would be the color I`d be concerned with .....if you get that mousse, try it out on your temples and in the area above your ears, and see how it looks .... it could help you to avoid a more ` drastic` change [full-size topper] for another while ..your front hairline is still in reasonably good condition, so there`s no point in shaving it off until or if it begins to recede/thin-out.
One thing I noticed just last night and it`s the first time I slept with my system still on my head in a while ... I normally hop into a shower before bed and remove it......was so tired last night I just went to sleep....I had used the mousse [my hair is a lot darker than yours so the mousse I use is dark too] but this morning, the white pillow-slip was stained with it, from where my temple was resting/lying on the pillow.....it has however, completely washed out.... I had to throw a few white shirts etc. into the wash when I got up, so I used a few darts of a pre-wash stain remover liquid on it ....it`s completely gone now! There are no harsh chemicals such as Ammonia in it, and it easily shampoos-out, when you shower.
Don`t stress too much over hairloss .... there are worse things in life that can befall us....it just means it introduces a ` change` in how you see yourself or how you think others may ` see` you...... I wear for me, not really for other people as such [but of course that IS a factor too] but I just do NOT look good with no hair.... I simply don`t have the head-shape or face-shape for it ...it also makes a person look much older without hair ....wearing can be ``trying`` but the effort you have to put in, is generally worth it . Best wishes.

Messages In This Thread
Would like some input on photos - kmay3891 - 12-10-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: Would like some input on photos - Paul In Ireland - 12-12-2015, 09:26 PM