Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like some input on photos
12-11-2015, 11:58 AM,
RE: Would like some input on photos
(12-11-2015, 01:58 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi, Welcome along . I won`t jump down your throat ;-)
I understand the ` worry` and stress of the realization, that thinning /loss is setting-in. It`s not a nice prospect.
Bear in mind, wearing has it`s own issues /concerns.
I`m under a bit of pressure for time today so I`ll keep this a bit brief, as I have to be someplace in an hour..... I think your area is Connecticut? [ I`m not familiar with the abbreviations you use in America for various areas, as you`ll understand]
If I`m correct, check out this site ....apparently, they`re happy to do system services that you require, despite not buying the system from them.
http://www.franklinphilip.com/
Your ` situation` is a bit tricky ... it`s too early to say ` shave it all off on top and wear a topper`.... on the flip-side, sticking on a bit ` here and there` is not very practical.....small ` bits` of systems tend to not stay in place as required.....kind of ` fiddly` to be dealing-with.
You could probably trim-out a small crown-area piece from a stock Topper system [there are no Fullcap stocks--they`re all custom-made and you don`t need a Fullcap anyway] and you could just get away with maybe using concealer/s such a Toppik on your temples- area...would buy you a bit more time for now ....I know concealers have their limitations too, but can also be useful....
Knots can be ordered as single-knotted [rather than double-knotted] when ordering a custom system..this helps with ` visibility` as the knot is ` lighter` ..however, the downside is that it can become undone more easily and shedding occurs --use of liquid ``knot-sealer`` helps negate this] The factory often uses fabric dye to color the hair, therefore using bleach is no use..it`ll only weaken the hair /knots and hair will shed out....you`d have to know what was used to color the hair ...you could try a fabric-dye remover, before using bleach, if you thought knot -visibility was an issue for you.
It might be an idea to contact that place and ask a few questions. get a little advice...it`s always nice to be able to speak to a person in real life, before making a decision such as this ..kind regards, and hope that`s of help to you.

Paul,
Ive seen you reply on literally almost every post on here. Thank you very much for taking the time to help people, myself included. It is much appreciated

So you said wearing has its issues as well.. Do you think being bald is more of an issue or wearing? Id assume bald since u wear, and definitely bald for me lol. I can't go bald it would look terrible. I had an operation on the back of my head and so theres a decent sized lump and scarring in the back. :/

Im not very happy I have to even consider wearing but I know that no one is. Just sucks it has happened so young.

So you said a partial for the crown.. do they look pretty realistic as well? Just a crown piece I mean. Ive read some posts on here from people saying the swirl is wrong or its too dense? And you suggested concealers but ive never used them before. Would that be better than a hairline piece with temple flaps?

Thank you for the info on the salon too, I will get in touch with them and see what they can do. They are about 2 1/2 hrs from me. And I did mean Connecticut- good guess for not being familiar haha.

Messages In This Thread
Would like some input on photos - kmay3891 - 12-10-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: Would like some input on photos - kmay3891 - 12-11-2015, 11:58 AM