Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice sought on thinning hair, hair loss (photo)
12-23-2017, 03:02 PM,
RE: Advice sought on thinning hair, hair loss (photo)
I did Finasteride. Felt some of the side effects and stopped using it after doubling the recommended time for a trial period.

Minoxidil .. well I did that as well as the Helsinki formula (dating my self , [and I wasn't a cheap date]) Used it all for decades. Slowed the thinning and grew some hair along the hair line. At that time I was pleased as punch to slow it down and regain a little.

I used Toppix and dermMatch. Both worked great for what they did. I still use topic on a thin unit until a have hair added to the HP.

I have seen dermMatch used to create hairlines. It can look ok in some cases , but almost always detectable up close, and it can smear even after setting it with hairspray.

You don't know me from adam , but HONESTLY. Once I got a Hair piece.. from DAY (1 even with the learning curve) I wished I had done it 10 years earlier.

I had that HP put on for the first time and OMG.. No Sh**T, I just said hadn't I done this before, I should have never waited to do it. I wouldn't have to have undergone all the fussing , and painting(dermMatch) , and sculpting and sprinkling (toppix) to cover thin areas and hairspray to make sure my hair didn't move. The amount of time wasted and hours sacrificed to look Passable were an absolute WASTE of my life . All the worry of going out in the wind, or rain on what it would do my hair after all that time I spent making my hair look just right (passable) was a Pain in the A**.

I put on the piece, I had a full head of hair, and it and I looked Great!

I was cautious, I didn't even shave my head and wore the HP over my natural hair. Just in case I didn't like it. You couldn't even tell I had hair under the piece. You may want to consider this approach. Until they figure out how to clone hair, transplants only work long term for a select group of people.

Minoxidil never did that much of a regrowth. DermMatch and toppix are great to a point. You have enough hair to get away with them for a while depending on your hair loss. If you're looking at Toppix there other cheaper alternatives out that that for me worked just as good. HSR comes to mind. But in the end the HP is AWSOME. Full head of hair. It's yours (because you Paid for it lol ) You can even design a new hairline that is even better than the one you were born with if it suits your fancy.

Biggest problem color matching the piece with your own hair. But if you're not allergic to permanent hair coloring you can go to a professional to get that taken care of.

Ok, that's my two.five cents worth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice sought on thinning hair, hair loss (photo) - Yuleb224 - 12-23-2017, 03:02 PM