Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Lace full of adhesive residue.
08-12-2015, 08:16 AM,
RE: Urgent help! Panic! Lace full of adhesive residue!
Hi hairpocalypse... .. I was dashing out to work this morning when I did that reply.... if it seemed ` short` that was why !
Yes the Citrus-based solvents can leave that oily residue and also, if you use them on lace frequently, can actually discolor the lace.... you can apply shampoo directly to the lace and this should help remove any remaining ` tacky` residue/s ...... I often use Loreal shampoo for coloured hair http://www.boots.ie/en/LOreal-Elvive-Col...0ml_17298/ or Johnsons baby shampoo..
http://www.drugstore.com/johnsons-baby-n...a/qxp14449 I don`t use many styling-type products on the hair to avoid build-up, which then necessitates more frequent shampooing.....this lifts /` lightens` the colour of the hair ....this is most noticeable when wearing a topper such as yours.....the difference in colour between the system and your growing-hair can become very apparent and lead to further ``issues`` for you....if you use ``Back2natural`` conditioner from the outset, it can and does maintain your system`s colour [just Google ` Back2natural hair conditioner` ] --you can order it from the Hairdirect hub in Holland....

Wearing can be a steep learning-curve .. it`s always best to have at least 1 system ` spare` in case something major goes wrong...
I gave up using the ` normal` glues quite some time back..just cannot be bothered with the hassle of the clean-up`s ..... why don`t you just try ` Got2bglued` spiking glue ? It will not hold for a week or anything like that, but it`s a breeze to use /apply/remove ....just hop into the shower and let the water at your head for a few minutes .. you can just lift the system off ....rinse all the residues off your lace and scalp in the shower ...no alcohols or solvent etc. required ! ...it can certainly help ease you into this wearing-game .. I wouldn`t like to have had to deal with what you are experiencing right now .... when your Autoglym arrives it will get the lace back to ``new``....meanwhile, just apply shampoo directly to the underside [lace] having wet the thing first.....you could also try using a toothbrush [gently] to help loosen out any remaining bits of residue... try to keep this as ` simple` as you can....and don`t let this incident deter you or put you off ....avoid a repeat by ALWAYS ensuring that layers of glue are applied thinly and evenly, and allowed to ` dry` for at least 15 minutes each time....the final coat MUST be allowed to go practically dry before pressing the lace onto it...that way you`ll avoid this type of issue happening again.This is ` Got2bglued` http://www.amazon.com/Got2B-Glued-Spikin...B000142OC2 Hope you`re over your ` panic` now ..best to avoid it happening again ...can be so scary when you`re on your own and not sure what to do .... you might have to do a few more than one shampoo application to help get rid of that oily /greasy feel to the lace.... lace needs to be residue-free and dry in order to do a new bonding-to-the-head. You can dry your lace , if needed, by directing warm air from a hairdryer, at the underside / lace....lace dries quickly anyway, but if you`re in a hurry, you can speed it up !
p.s. If you decide to use ` Got2b`, the opposite ` rule` applies : Smear it on, not too thickly [takes a few ` trials` until you find what`s right] and allow it to kind of ``Half-dry``... it needs to be wet to stick to the lace, but not so ` wet` that it goes through the lace onto the hair....if it does, it will solidify and the hair will be in ` clumpy` state and you won`t be able to style it as you`d like.....at least in this case, all you`d have to do is hop into the shower and wash it all out and start over again...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Urgent help! Panic! Lace full of adhesive residue! - Paul In Ireland - 08-12-2015, 08:16 AM