Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Lace full of adhesive residue.
08-11-2015, 08:13 AM,
Help! Lace full of adhesive residue.
Hello Everyone.

This is my first unit.

First time i removed and attached it myself, however the glue that was sold to me by the saloon worked really bad for me so i had to go back and have them redo it with another type of glue that actually worked much better. Had it for 1,5-2 weeks until i noticed it started to seap through the lace and get sticky on the hair side of the lace, i could even pull off small pieces of glue from the top side(!). Over the days this got me stressed and i figured i have to remove this soon or else this will become a big problem

First time i only had alcohol at hand and worked a full sleepless night to get all the residue off my scalp. But very little was stuck to the lace when i removed it. I used the mirrorslide technique and got almost all off,

In order to make the removal more easy i followed the suggestion of using c22 citrus remover. (This is maybe where i did a big mistake)

I first sprayed alot of c22 on the edge and started to pull it off, It came off relatively easy but this time the majority of the glue was stuck to the lace. With all the c22 in the glue i assumed the mirrorslide technique was now off the table.

The saloon said they soak the hairpieces in what here in sweden translates as "medical benzine", which i had bought beforehand. I soaked it for 30min and It loosened up all the glue so i could scrape it off. But i could still see that alot of residue was stuck inside the lace that i could not scrape off or get out with cotton pads or paper.

I hoped for a miracle and washed the piece with shampoo and conditioner praying that what was left in the lace would magically rinse out. But no , the residue is still in there and have now turned white´ish and is stuck in the lace , and its not even sticky any more so mirrorsliding does not seem to work at all.

Now i have no idea what to do. I have c22 citrus remover, alcohol and the "medical benzine" but even if i soak it up with whatever, how in the earth can i get out the stuff thats inside the lace like this. Here is a few pictures..

WHAT CAN I DO? im stressed out and i have no replacement piece at hand.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Help! Lace full of adhesive residue. - hairpocalypse - 08-11-2015, 08:13 AM