Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fullcap Template -- Photos
01-08-2015, 09:19 PM,
RE: Fullcap Template -- Photos
Thanks Paul and happy new year. I have been preparing a new full cap template myself over the last few weeks and went looking for your old full cap template photos but I was unable to locate them. I am 27.

I appreciate the advice you give out - I will be amending my template re: the area in front of the ear, I think the gap is not good enough there.

I have a few questions:

1) I have ended my template just about a half cm above the end of the earlobe (approximately where yours was before you extended it), but you have extended yours further. Is there a reason to go down this far? I ask as the nape is one of the areas I am changing -- before my template was further up -- as I was going on the old 'end just below the occ. bone' advice -- and leaving the back a little longer. Curling of the hair at the nape made it such a drag to wear.

2) I notice just behind the ear you haven't left a gap -- does that give you a good result? Again, an area I am renovating so would be keen to know. I have left a gap there myself on the template I have been preparing.

3) How far up do you typically place your hairline? I use the 4 finger rule but would be keen to hear how you determine it.

4) You may have answered this elsewhere but I will ask while I am asking these other questions: what density do you wear? I went from medium at sides / back & medium light on top to medium light in general (as the sides were way too thick) and the pieces I have been receiving since (from 3 different non-toplace suppliers) seem really light either on the top or at the back, it is really strange. But I read everyone is wearing medium light density, and their pictures look much more dense.. I am at a loss as to why. The change to one density instead of a combination of different ones seemed to be the starting point for my troubles...

5) What instructions do you give for ventilating the sides? Do you have routine for fixing them when they come ventilated forward or to otherwise improve the appearance there? It has been a rare occasion that I have got good sides by simple drawing arrows pointing back and down on my template and asking for some graduation there. (most of the time those arrows & instructions are ignored in my experience [with other suppliers, not toplace] infact)

6) Do you give any special instructions for ventilation at the nape? Or for the nape in general?

7) Do you have issues with nape hair curling, and how do you deal with it?

Thanks for your input and sorry if I am asking questions you have answered before elsewhere.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fullcap Template -- Photos - fate - 01-08-2015, 09:19 PM