Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male hairdressers better than female?
11-13-2014, 06:56 PM,
Male hairdressers better than female?
I don't want this to end up in a sexist conversation, I just want to know about your experiences. I AM GENERALIZING HERE!

Back in the day when I used to have hair I usually got my hair cut by women. Sometimes by men. Looking back, the men ALWAYS were better in cutting my hair.

So for my very first hair system I went to a female hairdresser in Anaheim who was recommended to me by users on this forum.

My haircut was shit. Cannot believe she has been doing that for years (she charged 70$).

Now I have an appointment for my second piece here in Minnesota- it is the only hair salon around that has the proper equipment for the bonding and of course, the experience. My hairdresser will be a woman again and she has had experience for over 25 years.

1) But now, I am very nervous. I feel like most women don't know how to make a man's head more beautiful. Male hairdressers just exactly know how to style a man's head.

What do you guys think?

2) Also, as y'all know, every cosmetology student starts off by cutting wigs on mannequins. So basically, everyone could cut my hair (as long as they feel comfortable with it).

I mean, I can always bond my hair myself (it's not like they have special technology that bonds for 4-5 weeks (I wish!!) and go to a male hairdresser. Though I must say that the two bondings I've had a salons were top notch.

I would like to get some input from y'all.

Messages In This Thread
Male hairdressers better than female? - Minneapolis - 11-13-2014, 06:56 PM