Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Knot bleaching thread
05-06-2018, 07:41 AM,
RE: Another Knot bleaching thread
(06-11-2014, 08:59 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: jaycee... I found this old post ...I copied /pasted it ..unfortunately the links are in ``computer-speak`` but the poster describes how to do it .... again, unfortunately also, no ` timing` is given ... I suggest you just do a small area first, for a few minutes and see how it looks..

Re: Something I don't get about bleached knots
Folliman,

I posted about this same subject recently. The factory uses textile dyes, not hair dye to color the hair systems. Fabric dyes are much more resistant to bleach and that is why many professionals pre treat knots with fabric dye remover first and then bleach. Do not follow the instructions on the back of the box and boil the fabric dye remover as boiling water would definetely loosen the knots. Use hot water from the microwave, test with your finger, and apply with a cotton ball to the bottom of the unit. Ask someone to help you hold your piece right side up while you apply the remover to the bottom side of your hairpiece so that the remover doesn't migrate down the hair shaft. See the following link for starters <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.angelfire.com/zine/digest/bleach.html">http://www.angelfire.com/zine/digest/bleach.html</a><!--

I use fabric dye remover too, but I don't bother with the bleach. its too damaging to the piece and is not needed

Messages In This Thread
Another Knot bleaching thread - jaycee - 06-10-2014, 04:33 PM
RE: Another Knot bleaching thread - jaycee - 06-11-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: Another Knot bleaching thread - thomasgrn - 05-06-2018, 07:41 AM
RE: Another Knot bleaching thread - jaycee - 06-12-2014, 07:30 PM
RE: Another Knot bleaching thread - jaycee - 06-17-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Another Knot bleaching thread - jaycee - 06-20-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: Another Knot bleaching thread - jaycee - 06-23-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: Another Knot bleaching thread - jaycee - 06-25-2014, 08:15 PM