Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Noob] Let's play 20 Questions
06-01-2014, 08:29 AM,
RE: [Noob] Let's play 20 Questions
You`re welcome ... I hope I didn`t come across as flippant ....I know exactly all the anxieties you`re going through just now .... you seem to be looking forward to it ....some people get ` cold feet` as the D-day approaches ! The trickiest part I think at the start is the positioning of the system ..it`s very important to sit it correctly...even as little as 10 -20 millimeters too far ` forward` or back and it can look way off....it`s important to locate your natural hairline-point and sit the front edge of the system on to that reasonably accurately .... it`s easy if you still have some of your own hair growing from there [no recession] to see / mark it with an eyebrow pencil.... if not, just frown, and you`ll see the skin of the forehead will crease whilst the skin of the scalp/hairline will not ....can I suggest you use ``Got2bglued` spiking glue for ease of attachment for your cut-in.... it won`t ` grab` the lace immediately, thus allowing you some ` wriggle-room` in terms of adjusting the position of it on your head.. you can ` slide` the system on it a bit before it begins to set...just smear it onto the shaved part of the head..... how is the system fitting ? Does it need to be trimmed around the edge a bit ? No point in shaving off ` good` / strong hair to make way for a system ..you can easily trim the lace instead.....don`t, however, trim the front of it ...only the sides/ back if necessary ....let me know if you need to trim it and I`ll advise how it`s done ....... and yes, to answer your question ..you can wet the system / hair daily if you wish [shower] but it`s not necessary / needed to shampoo it at all ...just do your growing hair as normal if you wish..... and if the system hair is now looking ` fresher` than your own, you could just use a bit of gel or Brylcreem [ lightly] on your growing hair to ` darken` it and give it a bit of gloss /shine.... would help with any colour-blend issues.
Got2b glued is water-soluble so you can just stand under a shower head and let the water at the system ..you`ll soon be able to peel it off and rinse the base and your scalp....you can then dry your base and maybe use tapes for your own attachment/s ...``Walker No-Shine tape is very easy to work with and is practically shine-free.... I find many tapes can be ``Fiddly`` to work with --- you press a strip to the lace and when you try to peel back the backing-paper, the thing comes away from the lace or the tape itself ravels up into a lump...I`m not the most patient of people when these things happen !! It takes time and perseverance to deal with bonding / debonding and clean-up`s .... staying with a regular pattern of removal and cleaning will pay you back big-time......allowing tapes and glues to stay on too long can lead to issues of scalp-health / hygiene and ` messy` time-consuming clean up`s ----- another tape I`m using too is Ultra hold .. gives a good firm hold but can be more shine-visible than Walker..... again, you`ll just have to experiment until you find what works best for you.....take your time when using lace-release......allow it time to ` work` when applying it ... I use a glass dropper to apply it ` locally` rather than the scatter-gun effect that spraying it on from a bottle gives... you can get a little dropper tube in a pharmacy ---- the type of thing [glass tube with a rubber bulb on the end] which you`d use to apply drops into a child`s ear / nose etc. ...it keeps a lot of the alcohol off the hair [alcohol is ` drying` ] don`t force your system off your head...just apply gentle ` pressure` when lifting it..if you meet resistance, apply more lace -release... then use your other alcohol-based ` glue melter` to soften any residues on your scalp / lace for ease of cleaning .. It`s quite ok to give your lace a rinse regularly..you can apply your shampoo directly to the underside of the [dampened] base and rinse it under a lukewarm running flow of water when it`s off your head.--- usually no real need to apply shampoo to the hair often, unless it`s got styling-product build up on it --that removes scalp oils/ dead skin from the base and keeps things ` sweet` ...... hope that is of use to you and let me know if you need to trim the lace....kind regards.

Messages In This Thread
[Noob] Let's play 20 Questions - travbjork - 05-25-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: [Noob] Let's play 20 Questions - Paul In Ireland - 06-01-2014, 08:29 AM