Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 months into wearing - experiences and thoughts
03-26-2014, 02:54 AM,
RE: 2 months into wearing - experiences and thoughts
Rainman54,

I use shampoo but I use different ones depending upon the day. For daily washing of my own hair (which I also end up washing the edges of the system too) I use L'Oreal EverCreme, which is sulfate free but still lathers nicely. When I wash my system while it's still on my head I use a mix of baby shampoo and Prelude shampoo. The EverCreme is a great shampoo but you absolutely cannot use it to wash your piece prior to reattaching. EverCreme has oil in it that helps nourish and condition your hair and it will keep the base from bonding to the glue properly and it will lift within a day.

When I do a full debond I wash with EverCreme first to get rid of the glue and what not, then condition, then wash with the baby shampoo and Prelude mix. I then wipe the base and my skin with alcohol and then reattach.

Hersute,

Yeah, I've been wanting to try NX Gen. I've just spent so much money on glue and tape already and being a full time student and working full time at an unpaid internship money is VERY tight. But I am going to try NX Gen when I can. I've read good things about it. I just have to be very careful when testing glues. I pick a spot back behind the hairline and just use it on a small spot. Like about the size of a quarter. Every tape I've tried and the other glues I've tried all cause me to get a really bad rash that is very red and really swollen. UltraHold didn't cause a rash and held onto the skin really well but didn't grip the lace for more than a day or two. I'm going to try UH on a couple inches of the poly in back and see if it works better on that. I'd love it if UH could give me like a 2-3 week hold on the poly and find a glue that gives me a week hold on the lace hairline. That would be perfect. The ORWG is an absolute pain for me to clean up after it's broken down by my body chemistry. It becomes this oily clear goo that doesn't want to come off.

I do have a detangling comb that helps a little. I'll try the detangler for sure!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 months into wearing - experiences and thoughts - AmericanJambo - 03-26-2014, 02:54 AM