Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking the final leap
12-05-2013, 12:41 PM,
RE: Taking the final leap
I'm about to take the plunge too. Should have my pieces within a week or two and I'll immediately get them cut in and begin wearing. I've been reading this forum for 5 years, notice my join date. So I've been fully prepared, mentally, for this day for quite some time. I'm naturally a very confident guy so that certainly works in my favor but that doesn't mean that I didn't have some reservations.

My advice would be that once you make the decision to wear, just give yourself completely over to it and don't look back. Understand that there are more than likely going to be some complications but realize that everyone on this forum, even the most successful wearers, have had their fair share of issues and overcame them. So will you. You don't become an expert by getting something perfect the first time. You become an expert by making mistakes and learning how to correct them.

Remember, that the only person who really cares about your hair is you. People are egocentric creatures and as part of the human condition we see the world almost exclusively through our own perspective. So everyone else is going to be concerned with themselves, not your hair. Think about the tens of thousands of times you've been out in public. Out of all of those times, how many times have you every really noticed anyone's hair, or noticed that someone was wearing a hair piece? As unconcerned as your are with everyone else's hair, they're just as unconcerned with yours. The only person who's going to give yourself away is you. If you act with confidence and project confidence then people will notice you as a whole and confident person, not as a head of hair.

And if you're like everyone else on this forum, you'll look better with a piece then without. So really in the end who cares if it's a piece? At the end of the day you look better. If I get busted, and I'm sure I eventually will, I'll simply tell them that I look better with hair then without, leave it at that, and move on. People will only make it a big deal if you make it a big deal.

Messages In This Thread
Taking the final leap - bamac22 - 12-05-2013, 04:06 AM
RE: Taking the final leap - Hersute - 12-05-2013, 06:43 AM
RE: Taking the final leap - AmericanJambo - 12-05-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: Taking the final leap - antywanty - 12-06-2013, 07:12 AM