Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knot sealer and scalp protector questions
11-04-2013, 10:03 AM,
RE: Knot sealer and scalp protector questions
My 2 cents:

I am wearing a SFS swiss lace front and french lace back. Good or bad, i will change my system every 4 months.

Since you are active, i don't think you need to use Scalp Protector.. I was using Scalp protector early in the days, but i switched to Pro-touch no sweat perspiration control because of my active lifestyle. It helps during the first two days after bonding esp. during the summer months, it helps with the bond as well since i go to the gym 4x a week. I re/debond after 5-6 days of wearing it, will not pass a week for hygiene purposes. I will make sure that i have a day off of not wearing it esp on sun. I let my scalp rest, go to the gym, wearing a hat, doing an intense cardio, weight training and sweat like there is no tomorrow. I will come home, take a long bath, shampoo with Shiseido Extra Gentle Shampoo for my own hair only, dry my hair and moisturize the scalp with Shiseido Men Moisturizing Emulsion (not for those who have sensitive scalp) when i am not wearing the system. They are expensive but anything to reduce the stress and pamper my scalp and my hair, i will pay any price. Remember, your natural hair is as important as your system.

For shampooing the system and conditioned, I use L'Oreal Paris EverPure Moisture Shampoo and conditioner non-fade, sulfate free, they are awesome. I love the smell of it and all.

For knot sealer, i used Debbie's Knot Sealer, hers is the best in my opinion.

For Glue, ORWG hands down for me. Nothing can beat this. I bought them in a bulk and call it a day. Easy to clean is the key.

For Tapes, there are many recommendations ,but my personal fav is Extenda Bond. You can buy them in a roll, but if you are lazy like me to cut the tapes and all, buy the mini-tabs version. The mini tape curves, so it is easier to attached, and i do not need a scissor to adjust the tape.

Also, i don't use any products other than pure-glue to remove the glue out. I know i cannot take out 100% of the Glue, but at least i will try to remove about 95% but i usually will bring my piece to my salon once a month for maintenance, they did a good job in cleaning the base, removing all the glue and deep conditioning my piece. I paid $35 once a month for a hair cut and cleaning the base.

For styling @ work or weekend other than clubbing - Paul Mitchell WaxWorks..I love it so much that i want to contact Paul Mitchell and say thanks. The next day you dont even have to apply it again (ok maybe just a little), just spritz with water and restyle. You can use a hair-dryer, but set it to cool only and place the hair-dryer away from your hair and blow, no hot or warm setting as it will dry your hair.. Style as needed. I normally, spray leave in conditioner after i style my Hair.

For Styling - going to a club for a hot and sweaty dancing. I use Mitch - Hardwired. I use a tiny bit and style. It gives maximum hold.

Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knot sealer and scalp protector questions - journeyofman - 11-04-2013, 10:03 AM