Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using two hair pieces together to solve issues
01-05-2013, 09:28 PM,
RE: Using two hair pieces together to solve issues
Would using some concealer powder work -- assuming the shedding isn`t too severe yet, you might get away with it.
Debbie sells a lace repair kit which is basically a light nylon thread and needle, also a length of lace and a glue..... if you were to try your idea, it might be worth getting that kit, if the area is relatively large. I`ve not heard of someone ` patching` a fullcap like that, but I guess it`s feasible, as long as you`re careful when cutting....that kit might be worth getting though, otherwise how will you join the edges.....alternatively, I reckon if you cut out a ` square` from an old topper, a little larger than the one you cut from your fullcap, then shave off the hair all the way around, just a FEW millimetres inside the edge of the lace, that would give you a ` bare` surface, so you could glue that to the lace on your system....you`d have like an ` island` of hair on the ` patch` with `bare` lace all around the edge, which would adhere to the ` inside` of your base, with the hair ` poking` out of the area you had cut away.....that way, you wouldn`t be trying to join edge-to-edge---it would be very hard to do that ..the lace would keep fraying, so you`d have to stitch them together `in` a few grids of lace, and that would leave a really lumpy seam. .hope that makes sense !
You`d be best to pin the system to a styrofoam head, to secure it properly, before attempting a cut, otherwise you`ll easily go all crooked, with your line....same with cutting out the ` patch` ..pin it down to prevent movement.
This is an example of why it`s best to always have a ` standby` system on hand.......sudden shedding can occur and leave you in this predicament.
Think I`d use ` Nair` to ` clean` / remove some hair around the edge of the patch..if you try shaving the hair ,you`ll probably slice through the lace. I guess, try making the ` patch` first..see how you get on with doing that, as there`s no harm done if you mess-up with that, before deciding whether or not to cut any part of your fullcap.
You could also consider just using tape to hold the patch onto the system.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using two hair pieces together to solve issues - Paul In Ireland - 01-05-2013, 09:28 PM