Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anxiety?
12-19-2012, 05:46 AM,
Anxiety?
Anyone else feel a lot of anxiety when they first started?

My first day was rough since it was a stock piece that had too high density, I was freaking out, thinking it looked ridiculous and too much of a drastic transition - but after figuring out how to use product to make it look "thinner" and pulling some hairs out, it looked OK.

I have not been to work yet but the girlfriend and parents have been around it. I told my girlfriend I decided to stop using the concealer and she seems to not know. She has said things like my natural hair is darker (than the concealer) and made recommendations on where to get it cut and said I should get highlights. My mother just commented on the shininess (since I'm using a lot of leave-in conditioner to make the stock piece look thinner). I plan on keeping this a secret, although if/when I decide to get married I will let her know. Seems like the best thing to do?

Totally freaked out about work though and how people will react. No one ever commented on the concealer but I KNOW they were thinking it as it was pretty obvious since I used so much. It did give the illusion of hair though, even though it looked weird. But I couldn't do that forever and don't think I could pull off the shaved look at all.

I've been going through periods of slight depression/stress. I guess I am depressed because it's that moment where I realized I was tied to this and couldn't really go back now. It's a realization that I have a "problem" big enough that I have to put this thing on my head that isn't natural. And of course, it's tough at first to get past the social stigmas associated with wearing.

My hair loss started when I was just 15 and was very gradual so I've always had that feeling of inadequacy since I was so young when it started. My brother has full NW1 hair and is in his mid 40's and family members that lost usually did so into their 40's so it was tough. I'm now in my late 20's but kind of wish I did this earlier. But I'll be the first to admit that it gave me a complex due to the young age, so I'm not someone who's willing to "admit" to wearing and I want to keep it a tight secret.

In public I'm very conscious of the way I look. Is it natural, is the color obvious in certain light (I seem to feel like the stock piece is a tad more "yellow" than my natural dark-ash-blonde hair)... I notice people looking at me and wonder what the nature is.

I wear the hair forward and plan to use product so I hope it's 100% undetectable to sight.

So, overall, thinking about it constantly more than I want to, and I'm still rather nervous/anxious. I'm writing here because this is my only outlet. I've considered telling my girlfriend so I at least have an actual human being to talk to about it besides my stylist, but I'd just rather keep it a secret to everyone now.

That's why I'm writing here, just as a "support group" in these first few weeks/months wearing and to vent. At the end of the day, I don't want this anxiety and constant thoughts. I just want this to work/be undetectable and not think about it for 2-3 weeks at a time before I re-bond.

Did anyone else feel similar at first and how long did it take before the anxiety went down, and how long before you stopped thinking about it in general?

Messages In This Thread
Anxiety? - rashton83 - 12-19-2012, 05:46 AM
RE: Anxiety? - andrei_eremenko - 12-19-2012, 06:07 AM
RE: Anxiety? - OhioGuy - 12-19-2012, 06:32 AM
RE: Anxiety? - Xeon005 - 12-19-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: Anxiety? - Hersute - 12-19-2012, 07:29 AM
RE: Anxiety? - Amstat - 12-20-2012, 04:00 AM
RE: Anxiety? - Mr.Burns - 12-20-2012, 11:14 PM
RE: Anxiety? - antywanty - 12-21-2012, 08:45 AM
RE: Anxiety? - KenJJ - 12-23-2012, 08:21 AM
RE: Anxiety? - rashton83 - 12-24-2012, 04:27 AM
RE: Anxiety? - Hersute - 12-24-2012, 05:42 AM