Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Cut-In Impressions
04-25-2012, 03:53 PM,
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions
I have doing this for many years and I still dread the attachment process because unless I have the thing on 100% perfectly, I cannot stand it and it drives me insane. I know its a bit silly, but when my unit is on right, I don't notice that its there and that's what I want.

There is a product called "Adjust a Bond" which is essentially 99% isopropyl alcohol with a fragrance. After you tape up your unit and put adhesive wherever it is that you put it, you spray this stuff all over your head and unit, wherever it will bond to your scalp (on the base, not the hair). Then, you plop the sucker on your dome and you can move it around and position it exactly as you want it. Once you get it where you want it, you can begin to press it down to eliminate any bumps or whatever. You get about a minute or so of full "moveability" until the alcohol evaporates and the tape and adhesive are now free to bond. If you have a unit that fits your head well, once you get into place, you should be able to press it from the center outwards to the perimeter and get a nice, well-positioned bond.

Now - some people like to attach directly to the front and pull the unit backwards, tacking it down as they go. This is great if you can do it right every time, however I've yet to find a pro who gets it right everytime, and once that's on, its ON unless you want to immediately detach and start all over again with the glue and tape. THAT's when the nightmare begins.

Therefore, I recommend trying this adjust a bond stuff, or like I said, you can also fill a small spray bottle with 99% alcohol. Further, there may be other, similar products available I haven't checked. Maybe this is all common knowledge, but I was blown away when I "discovered" you can use something like this because it makes the reattachment process much less bothersome, at least to me!

Messages In This Thread
Post Cut-In Impressions - Hair Scare - 04-25-2012, 11:39 AM
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions - Hersute - 04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions - Hair Scare - 04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions - Guy in Ohio - 04-25-2012, 03:53 PM
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions - Hair Scare - 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions - Hersute - 04-25-2012, 08:20 PM