Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conflict of opinion
04-25-2012, 04:28 AM,
RE: Conflict of opinion
As someone who doesn't wear yet I have some of the same concerns as you do. There is another recent post titled "feeling like it won't work" which addresses some of the same concerns. I feel as though some of the pics posted by members on the forum are amazing and look pretty damn realistic... BUT I also see pics that the hair looks obviously fake, out of respect to all forum members I would never mention anyone in particular. I do believe that a previous poster on this thread hit the nail on the head as far as his comments concerning density, color and cut in making the difference. The other huge factor is the quality of your side and nape hair. When someone has great temple hair that is still in tact I think that makes this hair wearing game a lot easier to sell. The most common problem i see with the not so great looking pics is density being to high. I go through days that i really believe this is the answer and then i have days where I don't believe it will never work. I can say that I met a couple of friends last night that I haven't see in a while for a beer and one of them who has been thinning for a few years was there. So because I've had my own hair issues for a while I'm the type that takes notice and pays attention to everyones hair. Well this guy looked younger and healthier than before so it caused me to start evaluating what was going on, well after close inspection I came to the conclusion that he was wearing. Now there were no give aways that would expose this and the blending and color were spot on but there is no other explaination and there is no way that transplants could achieve the change in appearance (trust me on this I've had them). The bottom line is that this guy looked 10 times better than before and there is no way that the normal person who isn't obsessed with checking out everyones hair and paid attention to what his hair looked like before would know. His appearance didn't really change that much he just looked healthier and younger. I also had a friend a few years back who I always believed had the best hair of all my friends and after years a scorned woman he was dating outed him to all of his friends that he was wearing. This guy had a modern pushed forward with the front spiked up but not really showing much hairline which i think made a big difference in selling the illusion. There is just no way that anyone would have thought that this guy was wearing and I used to run with a lot of brutally honest guys that would have spoken up if it there was ever any question. The downside about this guy is that when he was outed it changed him and he totally widthdrew from the group and seemed depressed. I think thats another aspect of hair wearing that needs to be considered, even if it does look great how will you react if the same thing happens to you (or me). So I've seen two seemingly undetectable hair pieces on my own friends that looked great, I hope this helps you in your decision making process. In the end I guess there aren't many good options available to us and it won't kill us (though the stress of doing nothing might) to give it a try and see for ourselves. Sorry for the long post.

Messages In This Thread
Conflict of opinion - HairMysterio - 04-24-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: Conflict of opinion - Hersute - 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: Conflict of opinion - leondon90 - 04-24-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: Conflict of opinion - Porcupine - 04-25-2012, 04:28 AM
RE: Conflict of opinion - JRob - 04-25-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: Conflict of opinion - Bangless - 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM