Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Template For A Full Cap (Advice Welcome) PICS
03-30-2012, 02:11 PM,
RE: Template For A Full Cap (Any Advice Welcome)
Hi Paul,

What is the density on the sides of this full cap system of yours? I'm in the process of ordering mine right now and i'm looking for a similar thickness for the sides.

Dan

(03-01-2012, 02:52 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Pokerace, JRob`s DVD can be downloaded in segments , so you don`t have to buy the whole thing -- you can have the parts that most-interest you. Template making is not too hard...just take your time with it. I`ve always found it advisable to allow the finished Template to `stand`for a day or two because sometimes it can shrink a bit and need more material added to it.....the best way to make one, is to use `normal`-width sellotape all over first, then cover with tape which is a lot wider....the wider tape helps prevent shrinkage [usually].
I`ve attached a few pics [can`t remember if I posted all/some before] but they show the little bit of hair I kept, just in front of the ears, and at the nape--- ignore the black marker-lines on the template..... what you are looking at, is, `to -size`[finished article] Also , as you can see , the hair is quite thin/sparse and looks long...that`s just the camera [ I`m not too sure about the camera never lying !!] it`s actually only just over a 1/4 of an inch long....I colour it black too every so often....... it`s really easy to `maintain`it [as you asked] I simply `back-comb`it so it`s sticking out at right-angle to the head and the I just trim it with an electric shears...in front of the ears, I just `stick`a comb into it and `draw`the hair out from the head ,again at right-angles and simply snip the hair a bit shorter with a good scissors.....time taken----- 2 or 3 mins. !
I only have a few millimetres of hair in front of the ears as you can see..the edge of the lace sits flush against it...in fact you hardly see the growing hair once the system is attached, but I like the kind of [psychological] `` cushioning``effect, of softening the front edge of the system in case of any imperfections in/on the system.
The style I wear covers the front hairline and temple area to a degree...my main concern/worry -area is the nape --to me that`s as important as the front.....you`re conscious of it when standing in a Queue. Hope the pics are of use......

Messages In This Thread
RE: Template For A Full Cap (Any Advice Welcome) - collegedan - 03-30-2012, 02:11 PM