Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Template For A Full Cap (Advice Welcome) PICS
02-29-2012, 12:12 PM,
RE: Template For A Full Cap (Any Advice Welcome)
(02-29-2012, 10:07 AM)pokerAce316 Wrote: I have a fair bit of my own hair still left and plan on tracing the existing hair line, is it advisable to blend some in with the backs and sides? If so how much and how do you maintain it each month?

Paul has more experience with utilizing existing hair but I will say that yes, if you can incorporate some existing hair it can help add to the illusion. The benefit is that it will ease the transition making it less detectable to touch and sight, the drawback is that you won't be able to rock the shaved look if you are ever so inclined.

Quote:Also is there much problems with lifting? And are the sides and back prone to more wear and tear as I would sleeping with it on?

The nape area of a full cap is prone to lifting. If you can get away with attaching at the base of the skull as opposed to on the neck it will help eliminate problems, and if you utilize some of your existing hair it should help keep it from lifting as well.

As far as wear and tear goes, I sleep in my full caps most of the time and the first area to shed is always the back (friction from the pillow). This shouldn't be a problem if you have a very good maintenance routine but in my case that's where the my units first show signs of wear.

Quote:When you made the switch to self maintance, did it take you long to get the hang of it?

I started with DIY hair replacement so I can't answer from that angle, but I will say that there is a learning curve that can be steep but it's defintely doable. I would count on it taking you 3-6 months to get the hang of it and a couple of years to really polish up your routine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Template For A Full Cap (Any Advice Welcome) - JRob - 02-29-2012, 12:12 PM