Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Got2b glued on hairline sucks
02-02-2012, 09:06 PM,
RE: Got2b glued on hairline sucks
(02-02-2012, 05:53 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: Good to hear it, thanks for the tips.. What is the advantage of Davlyn black compared to oil resistant white glue? I don't even need to use glue on the perimeter.. just the hairline. The got2 spiking glue gives me a great attachment on the base.. just the hairline it doesn't work that well for me. Did you mean spiking glue or rubber cement? I never tried rubber cement

ORWG , I tried it a couple of times, did not work well for me personally. In fact I don't care for any of the white , kinda Elmers glue type products. And really non of the clear glue's actually except Davlyn black, in fact Davlyn green, for me worked just so so.
As I mentioned, on skin units , the Davlyn , even after numerous days seems to still have staying power ! A lot of times I just wipe off the skin base with an alcohol saturated cotton ball and it seems to revive the Davlyn, or for that matter even a base rinse off under the hot water tub spout does the same ! Followed by scalp rinse off when showering; a quick spray of both surfaces with the G2BG Spiking Glue and sometimes an addition to both surfaces with G2BG Rubber Cement and I have a pretty firm attachment ! Sometimes I use of a strip of tape on my scalp for a sense of security and now I really have a strong attachment . And also I will maybe 4 or 5 days into the daily dettachment and reattach, dot the original Davlyn perimeter and mid section with more Davlyn and as good now as the initial attachment of some 5, 6 , 7 days ago.
Of course Xeon , this all done on skins, the primary base I have worn for some 20 years or more ........ Have tried lace, too much trouble for me with all it's issue's to put up with ! Smile Of course thats just my personal findings ! Easy on, easy off, with skins, no problems with heat , unless I am doing pick and shovel type labor ! Smile But as I have mentioned numerous times here, and on BA's old forum and others, I have worked flight lines in St Louis, Miami, Albuquerque,Yuma, a flight line being the hottest part of a city, black tar mat, a heat absorber and jet engine exhaust, and I have just down fine with skins ! Smile
So X, thats my procedure! Works for me as well as can be expected !!
The G2BG Rubber Cement has disappeared from Albuquerque shelves, so I bought up a bunch on either Ebay or Amazon. It's clear as opposed to the G2BG spiking glue/paste opaque colored product. The clear's such as the Davlyn, the spray G2BG and the G2BG Rubber cement seem to personally work better, as opposed to the white or opaque (sp ?) type products
Hope this is a help to all ! Smile

johnny/albuquerque

Messages In This Thread
Got2b glued on hairline sucks - Xeon005 - 01-31-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: Got2b glued on hairline sucks - johnnycs1 - 02-02-2012, 09:06 PM