Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner question about cut in
01-28-2012, 08:53 PM,
RE: Beginner question about cut in
I should actually have said too, that as I`m wearing Fullcap, there`s less likelihood of that slipping about if one part got quite wet....a topper would/could be a different kettle of fish....I just find tapes can be a little `fiddly` in a salon-situation...... I `ve gone in there with a [topper] taped up with a few strips of tape and a `start` made on all the backing strips [paper] i.e. the corners peeled up and scrunched so I could easily catch them to peel them off..... many stylists have no experience of `bonding` etc.....they may be happy to cut your hair, but baulk at the idea of `attaching`it..... the positioning was no bother as I`d put some eye-brow pencil marks on the front hairline, but then, once I`d got the system positioned, when I went to peel off one of the longer backing papers, the whole strip of tape came off the lace and I had no roll with me....she did the cut-in while being `careful` around the loose bit...you feel a bit `under pressure` in that situation as you`re conscious of the stylists`time`etc.....it`s not like you`re at home and have all day to re-do things...Got2B won`t hold the very edge down especially if it gets wet, but I just asked the stylist to be careful with the comb there so as not to snag the lace, and asked her not to drown it with water.... it was fine.....I actually accompanied another [ Noob] wearer to the same stylist and we`d attached his system beforehand with Got2B [he popped a baseball cap on going in there just to prevent any unusual looks from people ! ] it was a small-ish system and it held up fine. It has it`s limitations, but as long as it`s not drenched, it worked ok for me anyway.

Messages In This Thread
Beginner question about cut in - Texas - 01-27-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Beginner question about cut in - JRob - 01-28-2012, 11:02 AM
RE: Beginner question about cut in - Paul In Ireland - 01-28-2012, 08:53 PM