Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing adhesive from scalp
01-23-2012, 08:29 AM,
RE: removing adhesive from scalp
Hi expriest.... how`s the new Fullcap -wearing coming along ? I remember you were struggling with your thin/er sides and a topper before and were finding it a right pain--is the nape area on the new system ok ? Think you brought it down more on the template....turn out well ?
Never used ORWG yet...if/when I ever use up this bottle of `Tracksafe` [very similar to ORWG] I`ll probably order it ..... I only use a few strips of Walker No-shine here and there daily. What kind of bond-duration are you getting ?
Some of those glues can be stubborn, even after being in place for a while and you`d be expecting them to begin to weaken and break down.....have you tried any of the citrus-based solvents like C-22 or De-solv-it ? Alcohol `melters` can be weak on some glues and need repeated applications and rubbing with microfibre cloths etc...have you tried the bubble -wrap method too ? I`ve always liked the citrus solvents....spray on, allow time to work and wipe off....in my salon days they used one called `Re-move`... they put a sweat-band around the head, sprayed it on and left it soak-in for at least 5 mins....then wiped it off with kitchen towel---it was just one mass of `gloop`... those citrus ones are very effective at dissolving the glue .

Messages In This Thread
removing adhesive from scalp - expriest - 01-23-2012, 07:24 AM
RE: removing adhesive from scalp - Paul In Ireland - 01-23-2012, 08:29 AM
RE: removing adhesive from scalp - Hersute - 01-23-2012, 10:27 AM