Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just want to confirm im doing my touch ups correctly?
01-22-2012, 09:27 PM,
RE: just want to confirm im doing my touch ups correctly?
Well-put there furball.... really nailed it.... just to point out though, in relation to myself, yeah I`m wearing a few years now, but to be honest, some of you guys have actually more `experience` than me, in that you use various adhesives and tapes, have very active lifestyles involving things like swimming, have tried all kinds of base-materials...I`m relatively limited in that I started out wearing All-poly [ relatively thick too] toppers, with full-head bonding with glue.... I then went to monofilament with poly perimeter, then onto all-mono with a scalloped front [ I didn`t really like it-- I see some guys wanting scalloped front on skin systems now--I wasn`t too keen on it , but then the mono was more `rigid`than skin is so maybe that`s why I didn`t like it...it was detectable to touch] When I got my first TL it was lace with poly perimeter [topper] and I really really liked it... hair texture, wave, density etc. -- spot-on. Wore a few of those before going all-French lace Fullcap last May. I used to leave everything to the hair-club/salon...never got too `involved` with the nitty-gritty of it, until I had my first problem/s [ like elvis is having now] of lifting during hot weather...but this was worse because it happened towards the `end`of my normal bond and the glue had gone gooey literally overnight and was getting onto my own hair ..it was kind of seeping out...you can imagine how it looked/felt and I hadn`t any products at all. Obviously I had to get in A.S.A.P. for a de-re bond. It was then that I began to get little bits of `supplies`---to have to hand so I wouldn`t be caught out so badly again..... as time went on, I paid more attention to how things were done.....I could never see exactly how they cleaned/re-coloured hair etc. as they took the system to a different room. With these `clubs`they rotate systems....take one off your head, and replace with the one they debonded the previous visit... they clean your head etc. and pop on the clean system. All the money I was shelling out too..a fortune !!
So I eventually got thinking that I`d go the D.I.Y. route...long story short--here I am !
I`m quite lazy in terms of bonds.....can`t remember the last time I used glue...I have a bottle of white glue here if I need it.... I only use a few small strips of Walker `No-shine` daily ....nape ,front and in front of both ears...... some of you guys go for longer bond-durations, and try different glues and combinations of tapes etc. so you`d have more practical experience than myself---DO please chip -in on here and share your knowledge--- it can be really useful to others..... I`m honestly now, no `Guru`.... just happy to share what I DO know, but aware there are things I don`t know..... I can give tips like `` positioning`` your system, and how to apply glue [ thinly, and several coats] and cleaning etc...... also what care-products I find good/work for me....... this game can be very daunting for newbies...I think it`s very easy to `imagine` all sorts of scenarios and issues....naturally there are issues and wearing isn`t perfect--it never will be to my mind--perfection is having all your own hair, but that`s not an option for most of us.... I`d prefer this to things like transplants etc....but that`s me...anyway, at my age, it`s not an option I have.
The main things to `worry`about as a noob, are make a decent representation of the shape and size of the area of the head requiring coverage, with a Template. A decent cut-in from a stylist is the next `hurdle`to jump.... after that, your de-bond, cleaning of head and system and re-bond.....getting the positioning can be tricky at first....after a while, like most things in life, you breeze through it.....even the most experienced wearers can sometimes have a `bad hair day` !! Don`t expect to get it all bang-on on day one..it can be a steep learning-curve, especially in terms of what bonding products work/don`t work well for you....perseverance pays off.... .you have to `prepare`for this mentally too, as has been well-thrashed out on other posts/threads...... it may not be everyone`s cup of tea.... I think the younger guys can have more concerns over it ...mainly because they are more active in the dating-game and will always be conscious of being busted by a potential new partner....again, it`s a very `individual`thing, but very `real`.
Back to elvis [after my `ramble !! ] I`m thinking that you may just possibly have to shorten your average `wear`.... I think you are using a strong glue....you may be better going for the likes of this : Make sure your lace itself is well-clean and free of scalp-oils /glue residues etc...... make sure it`s bone-dry ,as Antywanty has pointed out before. It`s simple enough to actually apply shampoo directly to the lace base,when it`s wet, giving a light rubbing with the fingers, then rinse it off...you don`t have to actually shampoo the hair if you don`t want to---in my view, it`s often more important to clean the lace than the hair...lace will have `dirt`on it much more than hair--all the hair may have on it is some styling -products build-up ! Use maybe an extra layer of glue above what you are presently using.....there has to be a proper `foundation` for the lace to bed into.... DON`T spread it on thickly...just normal layers, but one more than you are presently using.
If you are presently getting, say 2-week hold, and then you`re getting some lifting, I`d go for a 10-day hold...remove/replace it before you get lifting. However, you may avoid the lifting by simply going for that extra layer of glue at your next bond...try it and see if it works.... if your glue isn`t actually `failing`/breaking down, it means the lace is simply coming free of it, and that would suggest to me, that there simply may not be enough `foundation`at the start to hold the lace on for as long as you`d like. Like most things in this game----it`s a case of try it and see.!

Messages In This Thread
RE: just want to confirm im doing my touch ups correctly? - Paul In Ireland - 01-22-2012, 09:27 PM