Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just want to confirm im doing my touch ups correctly?
01-22-2012, 10:37 AM,
RE: just want to confirm im doing my touch ups correctly?
(01-21-2012, 02:28 PM)elvis Wrote: am i doing someting wrong?
i spray adjust a bond onto the front part. lift the lace. spray adjust a bond onto whatever glue is remaining on my scalp. clean it off with microfiber cloth. then put glue on head agin. wait for it to dry and push lace back on top? i dont know if this is correct.. are touch ups not supposed to last long?
can someone with experience tell me how they do their touch ups? i know theres a thread on it. but it didnt help me. maybe a reply to this will be better

Hey Elvis,

I thought I'd try to add the benefit of my experience as well, though it is limited compared to Paul, Hersute and other veterans here. But sometimes one little random tip can make a big difference.

I guess a "touchup" can have a broad meaning ... anything from a little glue on a toothpick to tack down a small area .... to an almost complete redoing of the front. My touch up is more the latter. I'm one of those guys that, no matter what glue I use on what base, the front will lift after 3-4 days. And no, a touchup is not supposed to last long ... it's a stopgap measure to get you through to the next de/re. How could it last as long as a fresh attachment which involves completely removing all glue and oil residue from scalp and base? Any touch up is going to be a "patch job," leaving some oil and adhesive residue to compromise the bond's strength.

Adjust-a-Bond, Lace Release, etc. ... my understanding is that these are all alcohol in varying strengths w/ a few additives. I use 91% alcohol and I try to be very surgical in my use of it for touchups. I de/re once a week, with a frontal touchup at the 3-4 day mark.

I had begun to give a detailed account of my process, but realized this might not help and would be long. So I'll just pass on 2 little tips that were very helpful to me:

1. I do my touchup after a shower (shampoo or just rinse of the hair), so the touchup can cure w/ no exposure to water for a while afterwards. I also try not to do this frontal redo when I have a deadline to be somewhere. I do it at a relaxed pace during free time. And this relaxed pace actually makes the result better, and the job quicker than if I'm under pressure to get it perfect right before a social event.

2. Super helpful tip: some use a magnifying mirror to get a detailed view. My variation of this is to wear a pair of reading glasses that are too strong for me ... so the front detail work is magnified, and with HD clarity. If the hairline stands up to this scrutiny ... magnified, close up in a well-lit bathroom mirror ... it will pass muster in any public situation.

These little tips give me peace of mind, so I can wear w/ a relaxed confidence ... the secret to success in this game for me, since no one else is paying as much attention to my hair as I am. It's all about how I feel about it.

~FB

Messages In This Thread
RE: just want to confirm im doing my touch ups correctly? - furball - 01-22-2012, 10:37 AM