Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do i need to use c22 for ultra hold cleap up?
01-21-2012, 10:42 PM,
RE: do i need to use c22 for ultra hold cleap up?
(01-21-2012, 02:24 PM)elvis Wrote: lady at the salon bonded me with uh.. it gave me a great hold.. before i debond. i just want to know how i do a clean up having used uh? is walker adhesive remover good enough?
Not being flippant with you now but `Walker` is simply a brand-name..they make many products, including tapes etc. Whatever adhesive remover made by them, that you have to hand , it`s probably an Alcohol one [ I assume]
Glues come in 2 types...water-based [white] glues and acrylic ones.
The clean-up /removal products are, basically, also 2 types.....Alcohol `melters` and Citrus-based `Solvents`. You`ll just have to do trial-and-error to see what works best/easiest for you.....we all do really. I find `Pure` melter[ alcohol] can be `weak` at times and it can take several applications/wiping off with kitchen roll etc. before all glue is gone......Citrus- based [solvent] ones like C-22, are `stronger`in my experience.....however, I know that some people who use `Ghost-bond` have had to use the glue remover made by that company specifically for removing their product i.e. `Ghost-bond`, as it seems quite resistant to the more commonly-available glue-removers. Having said that, you`ll just have to see what works best for you ..why not apply some U.H. to the back of your hand , let it cure, and then experiment with your C22 and/or alcohol and see which is more effective? I`ve always only used a white glue and /or tape and never an acrylic glue, so am not best placed to give a definite answer regarding U.H.......check with your stylist lady and see what she uses to remove it....she may recommend a specific one she finds best for use on Ultrahold.

Messages In This Thread
RE: do i need to use c22 for ultra hold cleap up? - Paul In Ireland - 01-21-2012, 10:42 PM