Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$175.00 for a attchment and cut...I don't think so!
01-14-2012, 05:58 AM,
RE: $175.00 for a attchment and cut...I don't think so!
Here are links showing people cutting their systems with a mechanical cutter on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu....2.0.2l6l0
Also, some information AIMED AT STYLISTS, I saw on another site [if anyone wants the full item just e-mail me...address on my profile..just click on my user-name ]
Quote:
``Cutting and styling the hairpiece is almost exactly like cutting and styling the natural head of hair . There are only a couple of important differences:

The main thing you MUST do is keep the hair fairly long where it hangs down the sides and back of the head.

Start an inch away from the base material of the hairpiece, and thin away about 10% of the hair using thinning shears. Proceed a little further away from the base and thin another 10% of the hair away. Proceed on out the strands of hair another half inch, thinning another 10%. Keep doing this until at the very ends of the hair there's very little hair left.

The idea is to make sure there is NO DISTINCT LINE where the hair from the hairpiece starts. It should be totally feathered in. If this is done correctly, even drastic color mismatches or drastic texture mismatches are not even noticed at all.``
I`m NOT a stylist so just post it here for information purposes. I`d prefer a `professional`to do my cut-in, but for those braver than me...well, maybe food for thought ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: $175.00 for a attchment and cut...I don't think so! - Paul In Ireland - 01-14-2012, 05:58 AM