Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
paul, anty, jrob and all other vets.. please help
10-11-2011, 06:55 AM,
RE: paul, anty, jrob and all other vets.. please help
Hello again elvis..... glad to be of help..... I`m no Guru/expert, but simply relate back my own experiences to date, and also I draw on posts/threads left by many wearers on here over time, as I know how daunting this leap can be for many contemplating it, so just happy to help shed a bit of light on it....... Protouch is more or less like an under-arm anti-perspirant...... personally I`m not keen on such products ....deodorants work in a different way to anti-perspirants [which basically stop pores from releasing sweat ] so I prefer using deodorants, and for that reason I wouldn`t like to apply anything like that to my head..but that`s just me. You can see some comments on `protouch` here: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_po...h-no-sweat
You refer to `Adhesive remover` in your list above--- that`s simply `Pure `glue melter...so just get a bottle or two of that and your Citrus one for more stubborn residues ....the `Pure` is simply an alcohol as is Lace-release....those two products will never go amiss in your cupboard so I`d buy 2 of each to start you off....you`ll be using them frequently and they won`t go to waste. I have `Scalp protector` but I`ve never used it ..again it`s pretty cheap and won`t go amiss in case you have an issue with any oils/sweating when you are doing your bond. There are a lot of styling gels etc. on the same site which you`ve been browsing.... I`m not much of a user of them... I have in the past used Lòreal `Invisifix`gel ....I`ve looked at the ingredients and nothing jumps out at me as being a big no-no for system hair and I`ve never had any adverse effects from it...what I like is that it does not build-up and will simply comb/brush out without any flaky residue at the end of the day....it`s available widely in Ireland, so you should be able to pick it up easily enough..... it`s the one on the right in the page here: http://www.topvalueonline.co.uk/category...2&mid=1417 The one on the left is the same thing only stronger I think. Some people report irritation from `Supertape` ...it`s a very strong tape ..try a roll and see how you get on with it..... Walker no-shine is pretty strong giving at least a week and longer, but for a very long hold Blue lace rolls are very strong.. I have seen people having clean-up problems with some of the stronger glues and tapes ... I honestly feel that a week is long enough for a bond.... towards the end of a prolonged bond/wear, products can be fine one night and by next morning, can have degenerated into a sticky mess giving a big headache when trying to clean up...it`s a temptation to leave the thing on your head when you have a good nice bond, but it can re-bound on you.....anyway, I reckon just from the point of view of cleanliness and health of your scalp, it`s better to do a more regular de-bond and cleanse the scalp properly to wash off any build-up of sweat and microscopic skin particles which we all lose daily --bacteria lurks there and will thrive in any dampness trapped under tapes/glues....I know many wearers go for prolonged bonds and they get on fine with that, but personally, having done that before [courtesy of a hair-club] I began to get scalp irritation and skin breakage--had to apply sudocrem and plasters over the affected area to heal it so don`t want to experience that again......cheers for now, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: paul, anty, jrob and all other vets.. please help - Paul In Ireland - 10-11-2011, 06:55 AM