Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you find most irritating about wearing a hair piece?
10-09-2011, 10:54 PM,
RE: what do you find most irritating about wearing a hair piece?
Thanks Antywanty,

I went down the concealer route for years and THAT was a nightmare.
People invariable 'talked to my head' instead of looking at my face.
I left marks on pillows and couldn't touch my head in public.
I spent hours in front of a mirror and always found the darkest corner of a room to lurk in when I was out.
Over time, all of that erodes your self confidence and limits your life style.
But I was clinging to the fact I still had my own hair and wasn't wearing a wig.
I felt there was a HUGE stigma to wearing a wig and I was prepared to do ANYTHING to avoid it.
By the time I gave up on concealers and had no alternative but to wear hair, my confidence was at an all-time low.
Therefore I carried my negative feelings & experience over into wig wearing.
It took quite some time to adjust.
After a while, I realised the whispered comments I used to get behind my back about my painted head had stopped and were being replaced by people complimenting me and questions asking me if I'd had plastic surgery/lost weight etc because I was looking so much better.

Since wearing hair (approx 15 years) the only thing I regret were those awful previous years of using concealers.
I built up such a negative & stressful attitude about myself and my hair during those years and it was hard to undo all of that constant focusing on my appearance.
I can honestly say that I now (years later) go about my day and don't think about my hair.
Its such a relief.
The only time I think about it and get depressed is during removal & clean up.
Thats why I recommend having at least 2 pieces.
I can remove one and replace it with another in quite a quick turn around time.
I can clean up the old piece at leisure and not be locked in the bathroom for ages like I used to be when I was spray painting my head & checking it under every type of lighting and using mirrors from every different angle.
I know I've ranted in these last few posts but if I can stop anyone from deliberating because of negative fears (that only get worse & worse) and encourage them to at least try replacement hair BEFORE those fears take over, it will have been worth it!

PS ANTYWANTY

I've recently found & used a product called NO SWEAT that has helped during the summer with preventing sweat from attacking my attachment.
You might want to give it a try.

Messages In This Thread
RE: what do you find most irritating about wearing a hair piece? - Hersute - 10-09-2011, 10:54 PM