Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Noob In NYC area, some ??? for you Pros
10-04-2011, 04:23 AM,
Noob In NYC area, some ??? for you Pros
First let me say I found this site by accident and sooo glad I did. I've been reading all your guys posts and pics non stop all weekend and love this site. Just a little bout me. I am 43 years old and have been losing my hair for 15 plus years and covering it with a baseball cap for all this time. I recently went on vacation with some family and close friends and we went out to a bar. When we got there they told me I had to remove my cap. I was so embarrassed and would not go in and as soon as I got back from vacation decided enough was enough. I cannot tell you how many weddings, friend and family outings etc that I have missed out on in all these years because embarrassed to take off my hat. I still look young with my hat on (still get carded sometimes lol) but 20 years older without it. I am very active in sports and outdoor activities and just sick of this damn baseball cap!

Well after finding this site I have decided to take the plunge and move on with my life without having to hide under a hat. Now the questions for you guys.

1) I am not completely bald, have good sides and back and still a little on top (I will take pictures tonight and post to show) I know tough without picture but not sure if I need a full or partial piece?
2) I am located in the burbs outside of NYC and saw some earlier posts about a salon and woman named DiDi that does the template and cut ins. The posts I read were from 2010 and am wondering if she is still there? Do I have to order from her or can I order from this site? Is there anywhere else in the NYC area that is good and does the template if she no longer around?

I have watched videos on youtube on doing template yourself but since this is my first rather go to a pro. I had more questions but can't remember them all now, so will be back probably with a few more. Again so glad to find this site and hope to finally ditch the hat and move on. Thanks guys!

Messages In This Thread
Noob In NYC area, some ??? for you Pros - EricInNY - 10-04-2011, 04:23 AM