Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hair underlying Fullcap [ pics]
09-08-2011, 08:31 PM,
RE: Hair underlying Fullcap [ pics]
Yeah I was concerned about the hair sticking out at the back [especially the nape area] but I think the factory has gotten a lot better recently--I did see older posts where this was an issue and people were using perming solution on the hair the get it to `sit`in tighter... they certainly tied the hair in nice and snug and downwards on this..... I simply drew arrows on the template showing which direction I wanted the hair to lie and marked in the percentages too. One important thing to remember too for anyone considering fullcap wearing...... the area just above the ears.... the perimeter/ edge is only about a quarter of an inch above the point where the ear meets the head,,,if you get a high-ish density at the sides there, when the hair is cut in/up and is therefore shortened, it can feel a bit like steel-wool when / if you place the palm of your hand flat against it as you are kind of into the `grain`of the hair...my advise is to go no higher than a medium at that area in particular.... if you can visualize a lot of hair[dense] just there and when it`s trimmed/cut to a very short length [otherwise it would be covering your ears] it will feel like little needles to the touch, as it`s dense and short....I guess it would be like a guy who has very healthy/thick hair and he gets it buzzed in to the shortest possible cut.... the remaining `stubble` feels prickly ...same thing with a fullcap in that particular area due to the need to cut the hair in tight-ish there......so go no higher than medium at that area. To answer your question ..I normally get 4-inch hair length from the factory and I guess the finished item ends up with the hair being cut to about 2--2.5 inches length. I also had a thought since my last post.... I wonder would a product such as `Scalp protector` help to minimize itchiness when the system is new before it settles- in/softens? If `Got2b`is not a practical option, maybe applying Scalp protector all over the scalp would help provide an `itch-barrier`? I know it`s meant to provide a barrier on oily skin as a foundation for glues etc.....maybe it might work to coat the skin and prevent irritation from the base ? It`s cheap too so might be worth getting a bottle of that and see if it helps?
Cheers for now .... Paul,.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hair underlying Fullcap [ pics] - Paul In Ireland - 09-08-2011, 08:31 PM