Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hair underlying Fullcap [ pics]
09-08-2011, 07:49 AM,
RE: Hair underlying Fullcap [ pics]
Hi again expriest.... it`s all French lace which is more advised for full-caps as it`s more robust and will withstand removals etc. especially at the sideburn area which gets tugged-on and subjected to stretching etc. as you can imagine.... I`m new in the fullcap zone as you know but I reckon Swisslace would be that bit too delicate for a large system though it`s grand for a Topper. I`m very lazy with attachments I must admit but my lifestyle allows me to be so... I take this off my head nightly....I never sleep with it on...not everyone can do that. I only use either a little glue under the sideburn /flaps and the very front bit [ middle] of the hairline. Recently I`ve only been using a little strip of the `sensitac` [red roll] tape which holds it sufficiently in place at those points until bed time --- Sensitac is for light/short term holds.... this is not an option for many people....... I find Sensitac very easy to `work`with as it`s a wide roll and easier to peel the backing strip from without it all `scrunching`up as other tapes can do, and I get no irritation from it. I apply it to the skin first, then peel back a corner of the backing tape, scrunch it up a bit so I can grip it in order to peel it off when I want to, then I sit the system on, fold back the flap as in the pic above, then peel off the backing from the tape and then press the system in against the tape....I lose patience with tapes rapidly...they can be very `fiddley` I find although maybe I`m being a bit unfair as I have various types here but have never done an all-round perimeter bond with this fullcap yet, preferring to just use a bit of glue here and there..... you`ll really have to do a bit of experimenting to find what you can manage best with....as you know, we are all `different`in the way our scalp skin will react/cope with various products...... I think my suggestion regarding using `Got2b` to coat the scalp and provide a barrier between the base and skin while preventing the system moving against and itching the skin might be worth a try.....you can use a tape or glue around the perimeter to hold the very edge of the system in place..... the only thing to remember is that Got2B is not really suitable for long-ish holds and will need to be removed/cleaned in the shower every 2nd or 3rd day so there`s no point in using a really strong tape designed for a hold of more than a week if you`re going to have to replace/renew the Got2b much sooner. I got a bit of itchiness in the first 2 weeks or so...at the nape area and behind the ears....thankfully it has died off totally....I think it was just a matter of the skin becoming accustomed to it and the base material `softening` a bit from the few washes and wearing.....this whole game of wearing has so many variables/issues from person to person that it`s really a matter of perseverance until you find the right products/method which suit you as an individual. I think many people get very `hung up` on having every last millimeter of their perimeter practically `super-glued`to the skin due to some nagging doubt that their system will somehow suddenly come flying off in a breeze---it won`t !! Relax on this score.... I use as little as possible as I don`t want a big chore with clean-ups. Fullcaps are really good that way....with the snug fit and the way it`s right down almost to the nape, it would take considerable effort to lift it once it`s anchored in front of the ears and at the front hairline area..... I have yet to bond the back and sides of this system !! Best regards, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hair underlying Fullcap [ pics] - Paul In Ireland - 09-08-2011, 07:49 AM