Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hair underlying Fullcap [ pics]
09-07-2011, 08:21 AM,
Hair underlying Fullcap [ pics]
OK ---expriest asked me about how much hair I left remain growing under the fullcap. In relation to the back/nape area you will notice on pic1, that where the skull curves in to meet the neck [nape] area, I have shaved the hair off above that point....that`s where the occipital bone is located [that round bone you can feel at base of the skull] and that`s where the perimeter of the system sits/ is attached...the system hair lies `on top`/covers the growing hair....when I still wore a topper, I kept my own hair cut up quite short at the back as it`s so sparse it looked terrible when longer..... the stylist styled the system to a more `normal`-looking length and I simply allowed the growing hair to grow down a bit longer to it`s present length..... I haven`t `integrated` it like you do with a topper.....just simply acted as if I had no hair at all at the back there for the cut-in/styling.......since it was first fitted in late June, my own hair has lengthened down ---that`s only to create a bit of an optical-illusion for anyone casually glancing at the back especially if I were to incline my head forward and down...the system hair would naturally `lift` from the nape so the bit of growing hair underneath would `soften`the look. At the front there it looks like I`ve kept a lot...it`s only the way the camera makes it look...it`s only a few millimeters in width and again it`s just to `soften` the look to the casual glance....also attaching a pic of a really good serum I use to maintain the hair between washes ....gives a little `body`to the hair and feels really smooth while adding a little shine too.... I`m sure any good serum will be of benefit/use to many wearers. Note: this is my existing [and first]fullcap which I`m wearing since late June. The last 3 pics show it [1] sitting upside down so you can see the hair lengths around the perimeter, and then sitting on that glass form thing I have, just to give 2 views of it as it looks when I`m not wearing it. Regards for now, Paul.
p.s. I almost forgot---- I know the issue of itching etc. is a worry/problem for some guys... I was thinking about this today and it seems to me from all I have read here over a long time, is that it seems that tapes seem to cause irritation more than glues for many who experience redness/irritations etc..... also, in the case of fullcaps I definitely think that the areas at the nape and behind the ears there seem to have more sensitive skin than on the crown....I haven`t really heard of French-lace topper -wearers having so much of an issue with itching whereas Fullcap wearers who [generally] wear French lace seem to experience it.....personally I think the Swiss is a `finer`/softer material....French can have rougher texture in comparison and I think our scalp skin `detects`it and reacts.....I`m wondering if it would be a helpful thing to use `Got2b`glued spiking gel to coat the scalp with as a kind of `barrier`between lace and skin and just use a good glue if required around the perimeter ? Got2b is not brilliant for holding the very edge of the perimeter and tends to lift after a while especially if you get a bit sweaty from humidity etc, so maybe a `normal`glue for the very edge, while using the `Got2b` to [ hopefully] minimize / eliminate itchiness over the majority of the head? Possibly someone has some feed-back on this having tried it already?

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Hair underlying Fullcap [ pics] - Paul In Ireland - 09-07-2011, 08:21 AM