Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
09-09-2011, 12:27 AM,
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system?
Hello Paul,
Sorry for not making myself clear, I'm not really familiar with the terminology. I'm attaching a picture I made to show exactly what I would like to achieve (one picture, 1000 words as they say). I used Photoshop - of course it's not perfect (for example, I would like to have longer hair - a full mane - not short as pictured, but that's the most recent pre-balding photo I have), but it should convey my idea relatively well. That's what I meant when I said "restore/augment" the hairline. Lower it, as low as it was when I was in my early 20s. And eliminate completely the "V-shaped" recesses (picture 1), which I hate.

The reddish patch you see is probably the result of rubbing; when I apply the concealer some of it spills over the designated area (concealing the hairline is a PAIN), so I have to remove the spillage with a cloth and carefully shape the front area with a smaller shred or a Q-tip (another reason to go with a hair system - quicker). It's probably the chafing, although I cannot be 100% sure.

Regarding the direction of my hair: the hair in the photo I posted had gel applied to it, which I use abundantly to keep the concealer in place. Left alone, my hair tends to be "puffy" like a sea urchin. Tomorrow I will post more detailed pictures.

Thanks again for your interest and your advice. I actually did the "frowning" test and yes, my hairline is definitely receding.

PS - the photos I included take into account the use of a concealer. Without the concealer, the entire area from the hairline to the crown is almost bald, as I said. I just don't have the Photoshop skills to reproduce that as well Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sparse hair: how to cut/apply a hair system? - canty - 09-09-2011, 12:27 AM