Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using oil to nourish hair...
06-23-2011, 06:38 PM,
using oil to nourish hair...
Any opinions on using certain oils to nourish hair on hair pieces. I had a thought, the one thing missing in the hair of hair pieces that normal peoples hair gets is oils and vitamins etc that are fed up through the roots. So I googled "using oils for dry hair" and found plenty of sites that talk about using certain oils for dry hair to help make the hair stronger. But only some oils are able to penetrate into the hair shaft. I think they were referred to as single chain oils perhaps or something. Some of the oils mentioned were olive oil (not virgin), sunflower oil, and I think jojoba oil maybe. Oils like avocado oil (I think) weren't suitable because they are multiple chain oils (or whatever the term was) and will not penetrate the hair shaft. Any opinions on this? I have been trying it with sunflower oil and I find the hair does feel very nice but you only need a small amount of it. However I cannot make a fair call because I am using it on a system that is loosing hair due to breakage and the hair felt rather dry and processed when it arrived so I can't say if the oil is causing the breakage or if it's preventing MORE of the hair from breaking off. Does that make sense?

Messages In This Thread
using oil to nourish hair... - anubi5 - 06-23-2011, 06:38 PM
RE: using oil to nourish hair... - Hersute - 06-23-2011, 09:32 PM
RE: using oil to nourish hair... - mcnash - 06-24-2011, 10:31 AM
RE: using oil to nourish hair... - anubi5 - 06-24-2011, 01:00 PM
RE: using oil to nourish hair... - Hersute - 06-24-2011, 02:50 PM
RE: using oil to nourish hair... - JRob - 06-25-2011, 09:29 AM