Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghost Bond newbie experience
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM,
Ghost Bond newbie experience
I am a new wearer, been wearing for about three months now and love it! I wear a partial unit for corners and hairline. I started off with a custom system from Toplace, which turned out be not so custom. The color was way too dark, template wasn't even loosely followed and the results weren't spectacular either. To top it off it took close to 3 months for delivery. John had great customer service though but stiil disappointing.
I have been going to Alicia in Anaheim CA for cut-ins and initial help. My second piece was a stock from another company(not BA). Which was of worse quality than Toplace but because I got a lighter stock, I was able to get a perfect color match(with Alicia's help). I was able to make two partials out of teh stock and they both served as a great learning tools! I have my own crown so it looks quite realistic. I have used blue liner, Ultrahold, Mite Tite and now ghost bond for my attachments. Even though everyone has their own chemistry, I have been blown away the first few hours with ghost bond! Compared to Ultrahold the application is a million times better! The bond feels significantly stronger and crisp! It doesn't feel gooey at all! I will update my review in 5 days on how the clean-up was and how the bond fared. So far from my experience Ultrahold has been the worst glue. Mite-tite gave me better results than UH. I used my fingers to apply GB and you can't beat the ease! Mite-tie gives me a good 4 day hold. Blue-liner was the strongest hold possible but has a high profile thus makes it very detectable.
Clean Up was hell with UH, especially when I was new. Now that I am good at mirror slide, it has become a breeze!
Tips to Newbies:
1) Try to get help from an experienced person or a salon in the begining if possible.
2) Don't get discouraged, you will face setbacks but things get better!
3) People are not going to notice! My own family! My brother who would make fun of me for balding didn't notice until I told him after spending a whole day with me. Balding friends who I discussed balding with all the time didn't ask me a thing besides a lil glance(because I spiked my hair for the first time in my life!).
4) If attached properly with all glue attachment, its very hard to feel the edges. I have been "intimate" with girls with my system on! Never detected! just to add an extra layer of security I use gel in my hair so nobody can notice the subtleties!
5) I use swill lace and expose my hairline depending on my confidence in my attachment and its is INVISIBLE! Nobody can tell unless they gaze at it and know what to look for. Still it will be hard to find!
6) How you use the system depends a lot on your personality. I don't feel super self concious with my system on. If it is properly attached I don't feel indiffrent at all! I don't tell people but my best friend and my brother know. It has given be confidence and ist does feel like a viable solution to my baldness. I take propecia, been taking it for a year and it has helped me maintain my crown and will maintain my sides for years to come. Never had side effects but gave some pills to my Roomie and his pecker stopped working in 4 days (sides reversed in a week after stopping). So yes side effects happen, didn't happen to me and I am not worried.
7) Don't worry abt getting things perfect. Its hair! lil imperfections are invisible! Hell u can get away with big imperfections! nobody cares abt ur hair besides you as long as they compliment you. That said, density and color are two main cultprits for an unnatural system. Thus chose your density wisely. Also if you have a receded hairline, don't goto work looking like justin beiber(done it!) You will raise eyebrows. Gradually lower your hairline and keep it age appropriate. Remember the goal is to look good not to have a low hairline!

Sorry wrote a freaken essay but if it helps any newbies then let be it!

Messages In This Thread
Ghost Bond newbie experience - hairy - 06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
RE: Ghost Bond newbie experience - Xeon005 - 06-11-2011, 06:56 AM
RE: Ghost Bond newbie experience - AAA - 06-11-2011, 10:42 PM
RE: Ghost Bond newbie experience - Xeon005 - 06-12-2011, 08:28 AM
RE: Ghost Bond newbie experience - hairy - 06-13-2011, 07:28 AM