Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full cap story, full cap questions
05-29-2011, 08:57 AM,
Full cap story, full cap questions
Hello all,

So here is my little experience and opinion of full cap. I've already had two systems. The first one wasn't really good... Well, ok, it was very bad. It was too big, and one thing I do know now is that you must go for the closest fit to your head to have that "invisible" effect. If you like to experiment, a stock Unit can be an option, but if you don't have the time or skills, just go for a custom unit. Also, I didn't buy that first system on Toplace. Actually, the first unit I bought on Toplace was my last one and it was like ten times better than the previous one. Not only because it was really custom made but also because the hair quality was nice (some pretend to do custom made units but the first one I had that was supposed to be custom made was not fitting me well). So I've found a place to buy my units and it is Toplace. My first one was a full french lace and the new one is TL300 ilace.
And for the ones like me who are abroad : Think about all the manufacturing and shipping time, the last one I bought from Toplace made two months to arrive at home (my second one from Toplace actually but I haven't tried it yet). This is asking a bit of time managing. From now on, I think I'll order my units on a regular basis, not waiting to realize that my unit is all shed and damaged.
The problem does not come from Toplace but from... fixing that damn unit on my head. I've had all the troubles in the world to get it right, and I haven't succed yet. Bump, shedding, dirt, glue that doesn't leave, nape lifting, and all kind of little troubles that made me kind of tired of it. I have a new one, but it's sleeping because I feel desperate to get it right. I mean the overall effect is ok, but in no ways I could pass my hand through my hair, it was just a 'static illusion', and nothing close to some good attaching I've seen on the internet.

I tried glue. I do regret. That thing just sticked to the unit and never left. I combined it with blue tape, but I've finally come to use tape only, due to those glue issues. My first unit from Toplace was curly, which means lot of tangling so I experienced a maximun shedding while brushing. It didn't last three months. And those three months were kind of stressing. I'll try to get it better now.

Anyway, I assume that it is due to lack of method. You know how it is : you miss you fix. So now here are my questions

1) how do you do to get a frontline without bumps?
2) How do you clean that glue, I mean perfectly clean it?
3) How to sleep with your unit? Each time I did, hair was looking horrible and the glue and tape lost their strenght and I did use some fabric to hold it in place
4) Sequel of the previous question : How to avoid itching, because no matter what I do, if I sleep with it will itch me.
5) What is the difference between knot bleaching and knot sealing? I have a kit bought from debbie but I don't get the difference.
6) If I dye the unit how to fully dye the hair without dying or damaging the lace.

I have many questions more, but this is it for now.
Thanks for your help.

Messages In This Thread
Full cap story, full cap questions - Imahairo - 05-29-2011, 08:57 AM