Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full-body screeners at major airports
04-20-2011, 11:57 PM,
RE: Full-body screeners at major airports
I totally `get` reservations people have about frequent exposure to those machines ,which is a slightly different issue to the original question posed..... i.e. would your system be detected... I`m honestly thinking that it wouldn`t due to the fact that lace or even skin-systems are so thin [probably less than a millimeter] that they wouldn`t really `stand out` to the scanner-observer..... I guess the really best way to find out would be to contact the Airport -administrators of a particular Airport and pose the question....a polite e mail pointing out that you are a wearer and don`t want to have an embarrassing incident if/when passing through those scanners [should you choose to do so] ..... it`s a very valid `concern`for travellers and one which it would be nice to have a definite answer to. Ireland is small and the three main Airports are administered by a Government authority .. I would have no issue contacting them before I were to travel if I had that concern..in fact I might just do that later today and will post any reply I get back.. cheers guys.. Paul.
Have just contacted the security guys now by phone.. those machines are not in use here yet so he was unable to answer my question..... maybe someone living in USA might be able to contact the security people at their nearest major Airport to ask? It`s a genuine concern/issue so I`m sure they`d be happy to help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full-body screeners at major airports - Paul In Ireland - 04-20-2011, 11:57 PM