Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody been wearing the new thin skin?
09-14-2009, 03:16 AM,
Re: Anybody been wearing the new thin skin?
I like them, but I use about 1/8" inch of my own hairline and sit the piece just behind that. I don't know if I would use them w/o having my own front hairline. I might want a lace front for more undetectibility.

Pros:
1. Ease and strength of attachment (these things conform to my scalp and give the most flush, tight, secure attachments I've ever had; no lift, nothing)
2. Great scalp appearance

Cons:
1. Scratchy sound when rubbing it with your fingers. I don't care so much about this, I'd rather have a girl hear something unusual when rubbing my head than having her nail catch a ridge of lace.

2. Some people say they're hot but I haven't experienced this at all. To me, I can't tell the difference between lace and thinskin in terms of feeling heat. Maybe my head's a little numb lol

3. I'm still trying to figure out how to clean these things properly. I use basebond on these things and try the mirror slide but I can't seem to get every bit of residue off the thinskin. I've just been using alcohol, not glue melter since I figured that might leave it greasy but maybe I need to try that too. Last time I thought I had it pretty clean but it obviously wasn't cuz it affected the strength of my attachment. I'm hopeful I will find the right way to get these super clean and like new, and then it won't be an issue.

I don't know, for me they're ideal, but for someone showing the hairline it might not be as undetectable as lace. However, I can't say for sure cuz I haven't used them this way.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Anybody been wearing the new thin skin? - NotGuilty - 09-14-2009, 03:16 AM