Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transition worries..... a suggestion.
08-28-2010, 07:03 PM,
Transition worries..... a suggestion.
Hello all.
I have been giving some thought to an issue which causes a major concern to people thinking / wanting to make the leap into the world of wearing. How do I leave my work-place on a Friday evening with bald head, and arrive back in on Monday with a full head of hair. What are people`s reactions going to be ? It`s a very very real issue, understandably. I don`t want to get too bogged -down with materials/ styles etc as these are already well -covered on the forum as it is, but my suggestion is, when you are making your template to send to John [who thinks this idea is practical, as I have asked for his opinion before posting ] make two much smaller ones as well, rather like a little skull -cap. Most of us thin from the front hair -line, back to and including the crown. Make a small template ... maybe half the size of a CD/DVD disc, and a second one a bit larger. Order a very light density --- probably less than half of what your main system will be. I was thinking a person could specify all -poly for such a small partial --it shouldn`t cause any itching or any irritation of any kind as you will only be doing a very light bond with either a glue or tape and can remove and clean it easily and frequently. This would have two main advantages for a new -comer : It will help you get used to doing bonding and de-bonding with a much smaller system, and also, ``ease`` those around you into getting used to you with a bit more hair on your head. You could even gradually use a bit of concealer product on the smallest partial to gradually increase the fullness /volume, and after wearing that for a few weeks, then begin to wear the next size up and eventually graduate to your main system. Yes, people who know you will maybe notice a little difference in you at first, but the majority won`t quite know what it is......... most people in work situations are usually occupied with what they are doing, rather than spending the entire day dwelling on your head !! The trick in this is to keep the hair volume very low, especially on the smallest partial as that will be the first one you wear and you want the transition to be gradual.
I hope the idea might give some potential wearers food for thought and help ease the `` nerves`` !!
Please feel free to be critical or otherwise -- I didn`t use this `route` myself, but it may be of help to some of you... regards always, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
Transition worries..... a suggestion. - Paul In Ireland - 08-28-2010, 07:03 PM