Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 videos from Norway - comments?
07-13-2010, 07:43 PM,
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments?
Hello again Apollo, had a look at the first video -- it appears to me to be an all -polyurethane base ? I used to use those. Your entire scalp is painted with glue and the unit is then sat onto that and it stays in place for up to 4 weeks. This eventually caused hygiene / health issues for me as the scalp needs to`` breath `` and let out oils and perspiration --it cannot do so if it`s got a layer of glue painted on. Also, the body is constantly shedding minute particles of dead skin including the scalp --this gets trapped and at the very least, cause unpleasant odour, and at worse, cause skin irritation / possible infection [ one of the stylists in one salon I used to attend, let slip to me that a client had developed an infection and was not too happy as you can imagine ] One of the advantages of lace is that the bond is just around the perimeter, and you can leave it on for 1 day or a few days, and then remove and clean your head properly. When I wore all -poly bases, my scalp eventually became very red / inflamed in patches and I had to apply antiseptic ointment to it before the re -bond was done. It began to itch a lot too. I think I was lucky not to have developed a full infection. A month is too long to leave your scalp covered in glue. I agree with what Mcnash said about a new unit each month would be expensive eventually. Also the people in the salon have to be paid too for their time, so it`s the customer who pays, as you know. I know what you mean about just turning up at the salon, sitting back and being kind of ``pampered``-- it`s great to have the work done for you --that`s fine if you can afford it, but in this recession, many people are tight for cash but worried about their looks /hairloss. I used to pay HUGE money for salon service --with Toplace I get a great - quality hairpiece, at a fraction of the cost, and I can go out in public in confidence. If you`re happy with what the salon provides and you can afford it, stay with that option, for convenience, but just bear in mind that the full -bond with an all -poly unit can lead to the health issues I have outlined above---very best wishes--Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 videos from Norway - comments? - Paul In Ireland - 07-13-2010, 07:43 PM