Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing with an extremely oily scalp
06-16-2010, 07:58 PM,
RE: Wearing with an extremely oily scalp (Picture)
Hi Fox.... sorry to hear of your skin problem. I know that years ago in Ireland, you could get coal -tar shampoo [absolutely stank to high heaven :-) ] but was very effective for your condition. I did a Google search [coal tar shampoo] and it`s coming up with Neutragena T -gel shampoo [which has coal tar in it] Tegrin and Pentrax are two other shampoos mentioned. I feel if you ordered a system with a poly perimeter and lace front, just a little dab of glue in 2 or 3 places at the front and 2 or 3 small strips of tape on the poly perimeter [thus minimising the number of ``contact`` / irritation points ] would enable you to wear with the minimum of fuss as you can easily detatch in the evening or even during the day if necessary for cleaning. I used to have an all -poly base ---boy did that irritate the scalp after a few days wear. Eventually I had to use `sudocreme`[ should be available at any good drug store in the baby -care section as it`s also great for nappy -rash ! ] to soothe the skin and help `dry`it --- in general, the scalp can be [by it`s nature] oily and it perspires a lot too in some people so lace is about the best thing to allow the skin to breath --taking the unit off nightly and allowing the air at the head will also pay dividends ---- I will attach a pic of an old [not a Toplace ] unit which I pop on when I`m out working in the heat and sweating a lot -- I just come in and give it a rinse under running water to get the sweat off it but it shows 3 strips of tape and I would recommend you consider that type of `` light`` attachment if you decide to order /wear, until such time as [ hopefully ] your scalp conditiion improves. Believe me -- lace is so light on your head there is no way it would chafe /irritate the skin in an existing skin condition. I do hope that`s of some interest to you--- Paul.
P.S. --will post pic seperately below this as I typed it in the ``Quick reply`` box and there is no `` attach`` button on it.
Pic of unit showing 3 small tape -points -----

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Wearing with an extremely oily scalp - mpb - 06-13-2010, 02:39 AM
RE: Wearing with an extremely oily scalp (Picture) - Paul In Ireland - 06-16-2010, 07:58 PM