Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
damage?
05-26-2010, 12:31 AM,
RE: damage?
[There is no way any tapes or glues will `damage` hair follicles in the same way that a plaster applied to a wound would cause any damage to your body --follicles are below the skin,therefore, don`t come into contact with any products directly -- the only reaction you may possibly experience, depending on your own body type, may be an itch or maybe redness, which is more to do with allergies --if you experience anything like that, just try a different product until you find one which suits you -- personally, I take my system off nightly, and leave it off overnight, followed with a shower every morning before I re -attach. I know that may not be practical for everyone, depending on your circumstances, but in the past, when I was attending these ``Salons/hair clubs``, an all -poly system was attached to my head by painting the entire scalp with glue, and then sitting the system onto it --this was left in place for anything up to 4 weeks !! Can you imagine what that was like when it was removed for cleaning? It`s only a wonder I never got some kind of infection in the scalp ----your scalp, like all of the body, is constantly losing microscopic pieces of dead skin /tissue, along with the scalp exuding oils [even when you have lost your hair, the scalp still produces oils] I eventually did begin to see large red areas of skin and had to apply anti -septic creams to soothe it ---in my view, cleanliness is the key, so don`t leave a system on too long without cleaning the scalp --- at least with lace systems, the scalp can `breath` except around the perimeter where the glue/tape is, so that is the main area to ``keep an eye`` on ---- if you experience any type of allergic reaction, simply try using a different adhesive /tape.
[/quote]

Can the tape itself damage the skin. It would seem to be only an alergic reaction and with time left alone would go back to normal... but are there cases of permanent damage.

Messages In This Thread
damage? - andrei_eremenko - 05-20-2010, 11:19 AM
RE: damage? - mcat45 - 05-20-2010, 01:49 PM
RE: damage? - Paul In Ireland - 05-20-2010, 09:36 PM
RE: damage? - mpb - 05-26-2010, 12:31 AM
RE: damage? - andrei_eremenko - 05-21-2010, 01:35 AM
RE: damage? - ToplaceUSA - 05-22-2010, 02:09 PM
RE: damage? - emery - 05-25-2010, 04:48 PM
RE: damage? - andrei_eremenko - 05-25-2010, 06:45 PM
RE: damage? - Paul In Ireland - 05-27-2010, 08:57 AM