Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about shampoos and hair shedding
12-09-2009, 07:22 AM,
Re: Questions about shampoos and hair shedding
CharlieHarper Wrote:I have a question about shampooing and hair shedding. I ordered the L'Oreal EverPure shampoo to avoid color fading. I noticed as soon as I washed the system with the EverPure that knots got loose and hair shed. After that I applied a knot sealer but that didnt seem to do anything since I've noticed lots of shedding that week. I've noticed in the past that everytime I try a new shampoo I've noticed some shedding, however the shedding might not have anything to do with washing the system with a new shampoo but with the shampoo itself.

This L'oreal everpure is the Moisturizing version of the line since I wanted to stop using conditioners altogether. Does the moisturizing part might have something to do with it? I want to wash my system with sulfate-free shampoos from now on, have you heard hair shedding taking place with the l'oreal everpure? Would you recommend another sulfate-free shampoo that DOES NOT make my system shed or do systems shed everytime you wash it with a NEW shampoo?

Hey Charlie,

Shedding is usually caused by hair breakage. In the several years I have been wearing, I have only had one unit that shed due to loosening of the knots. You will know if it is breakage by looking at the hair. If it is in a "V" shape, that is a knot coming untied. If there is no V or just a small "hook" at the end of the hair, that means the hair was broken.

The bad news is that shampoo can definitely cause this. Before I developed my own products I was using these horrible shampoos from the drug store. They were sulfate free, but they were definitely NOT made for use with processed hair. They made my units shed like crazy. The pH was probably too high and they had no moisture retention properties. Bad, bad, bad.

The good news is that if you use cool water to wash and condition and use the right maintenance products, shedding will no longer be an issue.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Questions about shampoos and hair shedding - JRob - 12-09-2009, 07:22 AM