Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
12-14-2009, 06:01 AM,
If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
Hi guys, I was doing a few searches on topics in this forum, when I ran across "GOT2BE GlUED" spiking gel. I remember reading about this product (which you could find at Walgreens or places that sell hair products) in this forum before, but I never really paid close attention to what was being said. Okay here is what I found out after using this product for a week. But first answer these questions:

1) Do you have the comb-down hair style?
2) Do you hate cleaning glue or tapes?
3) You can never get the tacky residue completely gone from the lace base (or hair)?
4) Tapes and glues only last a couple of days, so it's not worth the messy clean up?

If you're able to answer "yes" to all of these questions, then you're a great candidate for using Got2be Glued. There were 3 reasons that prevented me from using this product before: (1) I was afraid it wouldn't work for lace (since most of the discussion was about people using this on skin units), (2) I was afraid it wouldn't give a good hold, and (3) I was afraid the front hairline wouldn't look natural.

But desperate times call for desperate measures. The only tape that worked for me (good hold and minimal clean up) was ST-30. Since the manufacturing of ST-30 is on hold, the only tape that worked for me was Super Tape. The hold was great (about a week) but the clean-up was so messy. If you've read this far, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I wished for an adhesive that was super easy in clean-up time.

Got2b Glued is this adhesive.

It really works! The clean-up is zero (just shower!). This is what I do:

1) Apply G2BG to my entire scalp. For tapes and glues, we would just apply to the perimeter, but for G2BG, go ahead and put a layer on the entire scalp.
2) Wait maybe 5 minutes then put on your piece and press down so lace touches the G2BG.
3) When the G2BG dries completely, it'll be on HARD. I tested 3 full days and it was still strong, but I decided to wash my hair on the third day. I think I could have gotten 5 days if I didn't wash. When water was running through it, it was still on my scalp hard, but as soon as I put shampoo on my hair, the G2BG just dissolved into nothingness. No stickiness. No tackiness. No residue.
4) No itchy scalp. Maybe because the lace is right on the scalp, instead of tickling it when only the perimeters are glued down.

Pros:
1) No clean-up required!
2) Good hold since the G2BG will be on the entire scalp.
3) Smells good. Even after a couple of days, there's no scalp/residue odor.
4) Fast process (applying/cleaning).
5) Cheap product, accessible almost anywhere.

Cons:
1) Might not give you a week hold (but who cares, since cleaning and putting it on is so fast and easy, it could be done as a daily thing).
2) I'm not sure about using it for lace frontal hairlines (I haven't experimented with this much, since I do a comb-down style). BUT I do know if you want to try it, G2BG will give a good hold. For those who don't show hairline as much, then try this product.

I know I might sound like I'm working as an advertiser for G2BG, but I really am not. I'm just excited to share this with you guys. The process of wearing could often time be discouraging. That's why when something like this comes along, it'll boost up our enthusiasm to wear.

For the past month, tapes and glues were not doing it for me. They weren't keeping my piece secure (I'm talking one-day hold)! I was very worried since I'll be visiting relatives soon. So glad I ran into this and had the guts to experiment. Now I'm excited to go visit.

You guys should really try it. If it doesn't work then you'd only spend $6.99 for a 6-oz tube. If it does work, it would rekindle your excitement.
Let me know how this works for you guys.

Leamon

Messages In This Thread
If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo) - leamon - 12-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues... - dino - 12-14-2009, 10:41 AM