Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course hair, couvre, toppix and the wonderful future!
11-03-2008, 11:57 AM,
Course hair, couvre, toppix and the wonderful future!
Hi Folks- This is my very first post to this group. I've been reading occasionally and find this very informative and helpful.
Since we're all being honest, this is my situation. My thinning hair started aroud the time I was in my early 20's. By the time I was 24, I started using couvre, which seemed like a Godsend. Thinning slowly continued, and in my later 20's I had three hair transplants, neither were "major" sessions (250 - 350 grafts per). This worked for me. I never wanted A LOT of hair, as it doesnt' suit my facial features, but I didn't want to be bald, either. The combination of the transplants, couvre and later Toppix kept me happy and I did all the tricks to keep out of heavy rain, heavy wind, direct sunlight, etc. etc. etc. I'm sure you all understand! Wink
Nearing 40, I'm at the time in my life where I'd like to kiss the couvre and toppix goodbye, but still look decent. From my frontal hairline back about 4 inches as well as the diameter across has mild coverage, but could use a filler transplant to avoid using couvre/toppix. The back is considerably thinner, though there is still some hair there, the toppix is beginning to fail. So my plan is by transplant to fill in the frontal area and then possibly use a Toplace piece for the back. Why not a full transplant you may ask? I'd like to save my doner area as much as possible. And from what I've seen, some of you look killer with your toplace units. Great stuff.
Now, my hair is probably courser than anyone reading this. Can Toplace accomodate this?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to ALL comments, suggestions and replies from both users and moderators.

Best,

Daniel

Messages In This Thread
Course hair, couvre, toppix and the wonderful future! - Danieldee - 11-03-2008, 11:57 AM