Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new me - thank you TopLace, BA, John et all
12-03-2008, 07:01 AM,
A new me - thank you TopLace, BA, John et all
Well, bit of background...

I'm 24, I've been wearing hair since I was 21 and went with the first company I got in contact with... I was vulnerable, desperate yadda-yadda...

I discovered TopLace about a year ago and admired from a distance the results you guys achieved, and asked my stylist for a similar system. He said that I wouldn't want that and I want to have my hair thick as I'm very young and skin bases look the best.

Well, let's put it this way - the skin bases I had were grey in colour, with double-knotted hair (unrealistic looking or what) and their 'lace front' was a the bloody polly material that used to be used... no graduated hair line, nothing... useless. Actually, it makes me angry thinking about it.

Anyways, back in September I finally got a template done, said good-bye to my stylist and waited anxiously for my systems to arrived.

They arrived last Monday night and I scheduled a cut in for December 19th... this way I thought I could get it cut in over the holidays and then go back to work as a new me.

However, curiosity got the better of me as a found myself "just having one more look" at my new systems and dreaming of the look I might be able to sport. Well, let's put it this way - curiosity got the better of me and I decided to just see what it would look like on my scalp...

I ended up cutting the system in myself with my girlfriend and glueing it down - it looked the fricking nuts! I went from a curly afro to a short haired, cool looking young guy in the space of a couple of hours...

I used the weekend to practice my attach and remove and I've pretty much got the hang of it... I went into work on Monday feeling anxious, but this was dispelled as soon as people went "WOW - I love your hair".

Fellas - I've been paranoid wearing my rugs for the past few years - scared of someone standing behind be and noticing that I've got no crown, and that my hair is thicker than most luxury carpets... I literally feel as though a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders... I feel, well, new.

I said to my girlfriend that I actually feel as though I'm not wearing hair - I feel like I did when I was 19 and could wear any hair style I want.

The compliments have been plentiful over the past few days, and someone actually said I look like one of the guys in the hair-gel adverts (!)

I will post some pictures soon, but I have quite a bit of work to do, so will do that this coming weekend (promise).

My specs are all SFS, body wave, black, 65% density, crown.

I know this post is long, and may sound a little cheesy, but this is the happiest I've felt about myself in years... I finally can have good hair days again... I can finally stand under a bright light and not worry about someone seeing the plastic base of my wig... I can see scalp -Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Thank you to BA and John for their help and advice along the way, it's been said before and I'll say it again, but they're true gents and I can't praise them enough.

You have a customer for life in me.

If there are any newbies that want to ask any questions then please do so - I'm new to the TL game and would love to pass on my experiences.

Thanks

Happy, Hairy, Cool, Jazzy...

Messages In This Thread
A new me - thank you TopLace, BA, John et all - jazzy - 12-03-2008, 07:01 AM