Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something I don't get about bleached knots
12-19-2008, 12:35 PM,
Re: Something I don't get about bleached knots
I"ve found that the last few stock systems I've ordered, the knots were only bleached at the front hairline, and about an inch or so behind it... everything else, the knots were not bleached. But, the problem seems to be that the factory has put some coating on the knots to make it very hard to bleach them. I've much have bleached my current stock piece knots 6 times now, and it's still not good enough in a few spots. I've blown dried the bleach really good, and let sit for up to one hour, and still they don't bleach. So, BA suggested a stronger bleach, White lightening or something.

I don't know why the factory does not bleach the knots. I guess that you can mess it up and make the hair brittle, and fall out.. but I find that very unlikely with my experience with bleaching using Debbies kit. But, then again... I don't have a lot of experience with a lot of aspects of hair wearing.

What I find important is to at least try to learn everything yourself. This coming week I"m going to try knotting in some hair to repair a bald spot on the back of my head that needs covered. Eventually, I want to learn how to do my own cut ins. This way you don't have to rely on someone being available to do it for you when you are in a bind, it seems like there are always holidays, and vacations going on, which isn't anyones fault, thats just how it is.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Something I don't get about bleached knots - folliman - 12-19-2008, 12:35 PM