Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for those who dye their hair and hairpiece
07-26-2009, 11:49 AM,
Re: for those who dye their hair and hairpiece
Thanks James. Trust me, I'd rather just have my piece match but it never seems to anymore. Back two+ years ago all my TL pieces were spot on, but since I started again (last 6 months) every piece has been off (too much red and too dark). It's not even so much the color but the tone. I have serious ash tones in my hair. A plain #6 has too much red and throws it off. If i look in the side mirror on my car in natural light it's very obvious. I was thinking that if I order it blond and dye the piece and my own hair, no matter what the color is, it will be the same and all will be good. I do have a professional stylist/colorist to do it, I should note that. He won't charge me much at all either (i'm lucky).

I guess my question now would be will the blonde piece and my own hair throw off different hues - putting me in the same situation with a mismatch in color? I don't highlight or do anything crazy that you do, just want a nice conservative but natural looking piece.

I also should note that I wear very light density (like 50% at most). But since I won't be coloring it myself I'm sure my stylist won't screw the base up??

I know I could send the piece back and try having it remade but I don't have time to wait another month or more. I'm thinking about getting a #17 stock and having it and my own hair dyed. What do you think?

Thanks for all your input bro

Messages In This Thread
Re: for those who dye their hair and hairpiece - NotGuilty - 07-26-2009, 11:49 AM