Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsolicited comments from a girl . .
01-26-2009, 02:45 PM,
Re: Unsolicited comments from a girl . .
JRob, that is a good point. Also you have met a lot more personally, so your (and Debbie's) grasp on this would be much better than mine. I do find it so fascinating that patterns emerge in these types of things. Amazing.

Xeon, mmm, interesting opinion. Although I wasn't graphing people the can 'use' a hair piece, but rather those that chose to, and more specifically those that chose to go this route. There are a lot of guys that COULD use a hair piece, but a much smaller number that DO use one, and then an even smaller percentage that select THIS method to use. To an extent it is profiling the personality type that does. Good psychology is usually a case of narrowing the focus to a smaller field and thereby creating a clearer picture.

I think it was more categorizing that demographic than anything. You are right though, there is an inherent danger of lumping a group together to a point that stereotypes develop, and each individual's motivations are minimized or trivialized. I didn't mean to imply that, or to act as though these hair pieces are the main focus of their characters. Choosing hair systems is a by-product OF your character, they do not create it, they reflect it.

At least you've got it better than that other guy, I HEARD that he looked like a caribou ass . . . oh . . . wait a minute Wink

Messages In This Thread
Re: Unsolicited comments from a girl . . - theunknown - 01-26-2009, 02:45 PM