Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transition worries..... a suggestion.
09-05-2010, 03:33 AM,
RE: Transition worries..... a suggestion.
Yeah -- wearing really is a new lease of life -- does a lot for the self -confidence and self -esteem. A good topper is what you need, so consider ordering with a bit less length as I explained --- there`s no real point in getting all that extra hair when your problem area is only really on the top...... the stylist will find it so much easier to work with. Just get a tape-measure or ruler, and measure from where your perimeter will be, down the side of your head [just behind the ears would be good ] and you will see where the 6-inch length would end -----all that excess would have to be trimmed off seeing as you have good sides....... I`m sure you could imagine how much extra work and time that will take the stylist. As for your final choice of style........ run it past John by e mail for his professional advice --he`d be the one I`d be guided by, but ask if you can have the front a bit spikey and the rest either straight or maybe a slightwave -- it depends on what way your existing hair looks ``in the round`` so to speak --- what you got to imagine is [ from the pics I saw in your other post] your system sitting on top, not alone blending in density -wise, but also the system hair can`t be too long in relation to your existing hair -- you keep that faily ``tight`` to you head from what I can see, so there would be an obvious difference if you left the system hair, let`s say, 3 inches long...... You will have to keep the system hair fairly short too in order to blend in for a good overall effect. If you are going to go for that, well there is little point in ordering very wavy hair because it will be cut short, so the wave will be lost to a large extent. If I personally was to decide to wear a very short/tight style, I think I`d go for straight hair. At present I order slight wave, as I have basically only about one third of my own hair left, and the system more or less covers most of what`s left , so a slight wave throughout the system hair, just gives the impression of a full head of all your own hair --it`s probably the nearest thing to a full -cap without actually being one. In your case, you still have a lot of your own, and only need the top covered/blended in, and as your own is kept tight/short, the system will have to `match`that ---- I hope that helps with your decision -making. Have you made your template yet ? When you do, just print off the order form and note your requirements on it and pop it off to Toplace in a padded envelope. For a good colour -match, enclose a sample of your own hair, about the diameter of a pencil. I didn`t need to,as I know my colour [1b which is just up from jet-black] You should allow anything up to 8 weeks from the time you post your order, as it has to reach America, then be despatched to China, made up, sent back to America, and then posted to yourself........ it`s worth the wait though.! When you re-order, it`s a bit faster as the template is in the system and it`s just a matter of activating your order electronically.
You sound like you`ll be cool with wearing though --those concealers can only take you so far and eventually [as you said] mother nature continues her march forward taking more of our hair with her !! The cruelty of it all !! LOL .
Regards, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transition worries..... a suggestion. - Paul In Ireland - 09-05-2010, 03:33 AM